Choose

The fox crept across the forest floor, it's body low to the ground, making sure not to make a sound.

The trees seemed to shift and make low creaking noises, it sounded like a warning but the fox would not listen.

It was so close now, surely... soon-

The full moon hung bright in the distance, the sudden moon light making the fox flinch.

A viscous familiar growl rumbled through the forest.

The fox stiffened, it's body freezing at the sound.

It seemed they were running out of time.

They could see it now, glowing blue eyes lighting up in the darkness, glaring at the fox.

This would never end, if only, if only the boy would choose.

Those eyes knew what the fox was thinking and the black wolf snarled ferociously. Saliva dripping from the muzzle.

The fox also knew what the wolf was thinking, you will lose, it said.

They also snarled, readying themselves for a fight, making themselves look bigger than they actually were.

The wolf and the fox were both tired, they both were slower and getting more wary.

Yet they continued to fight.

This body wasn't big enough for both of them.

The fox growled, it's teeth entering flesh, the wolfs shoulder, at the same time it could feel the wolfs jaws tearing into its legs.

This would only end one or two ways, if the boy didn't pick soon...

Please they thought as pain ripped through them both.

Choose a side Stiles!

Stiles woke up, letting out a cry of pain.

Everything hurt!

His legs and his shoulder especially, pure shooting pains were going through them, like he was being struck by lightning every second.

His eyes watered because of the pain.

Thankfully his father hadn't heard his cry and Stiles stuck his own fist in his mouth, biting down to stop himself from screaming.

His eyes were burning as well, he recognised the feeling, that his eyes must be a different colour.

He was shifted.

Stiles was in to much pain to try and shift back.

The pain lasted two hours before he could finally think clearly and check his body, there was no signs of any injuries.

Yet it had felt like he'd was being mauled by-!

His dream!

Memories of his dream came back to him.

The fox's thoughts, the wolfs attack.

There wasn't room for both of them in this body.

Choose a side Stiles!

Choose a side?

Like choose his wolf or his fox side? Why did he need to do that? Was that really what his dream meant?

Should he even take his dream seriously?

But no, these were representations of his Wolf and fox sides right? So this was something his subconscious was trying to tell him?