Something's Gotta Give

Scott is completely focused on Kira, telling her to not to give up on him, not to give up on her parents, not to give up on life.

Hearing Scott pleading with Kira's unconscious form felt almost to much to bare, Stiles wanted to scream and cry, hating himself more than anything.

Derek and Kira were laid down on Deatons table that somehow was wide enough to support both of them.

They both were extremely pale and their breathing was slow.

"Lydia hasn't screamed Scott, they'll be okay" Kyle tried to consul Scott who was checking them both anxiously while Deaton had gone off to get some more supplies he said would help.

Scott didn't seem to hear him.

Stiles sat on a chair in the corner, just staring wide eyed at the Kitsune and Werewolf struggling to breathe on the tables.

What had he done?

His mind whirling with memories of Allison but this time he had no one to blame other than himself...

He felt physically ill.

He didn't know what he would-what he would do if they didn't make it.

A couple of minutes later Deaton came back with strange looking liquid bottles in his hands. He told them "This should kick start the healing process though it will be very painful for them"

He then told Kyle to go and make sure everyone else was okay. If anyone needed extra help to get them to him and make sure the non supernaturals get checked out in a hospital, Kyle quickly nodded, heading out, giving Stiles a look of sympathy as he left.

Scott finally seemed to snap out of the daze he was in and said his voice wobbling but also sounding incredibly lost and helpless that Stiles felt his heart break for him "I tried to take away their pain but it didn't seem to work, what...do I do?"

What can I do?

I need to help them, I need to help my pack Scott's instincts were screaming at him.

Anything.

He needed to help somehow?! How was he an alpha if he couldn't help them?

Deaton only shook his head as he said "If they weren't this badly damaged I would have said you can try and restart their healing by breaking a bone to force their bodies to start healing but any more damage even a bone, could force them into shock and their bodies will shut down. We can only rely on this"

Deaton looked down at the strangely coloured liquids in his hands and he started to hurriedly unscrew a bottle.

"These are expensive healing medicines, created by Druids, they can only be used on the supernatural and they are so potent they can only to be used on fatal injuries and will cause harm if the injuries are not fatal"

"Fatal?" Stiles voice was barely above a whisper , weak and shaky but everyone heard him.

"Yes" Deaton said, sounding grim as he poured them into Kira then Derek's mouths.

They all watched as suddenly both of their breathing evened out and the paleness started to disappear.

It seemed the potions worked quickly.

Scott let out a gasp of happiness and relief then actually pulled Deaton into a hug.

"Thank you, thank you" He said, almost sounding like he was crying.

Deaton just smiled warmly at Scott once he was released and his eyes went to Stiles, who looked like he had been dragged through hell and back.

Scott went back to Kira and Derek's side, to see if he could pull any more pain away now that they had started to heal.

Deaton did feel sympathy for the clearly distraught Werefox however he knew this was serious.

"I'm aware of what happened and why you lost control but Stiles... you could have killed them, if I was a couple of minutes too late, they would be dead"

He gestured to Kira and Derek on the table.

Stiles bent his head down even further, his hands were trembling.

He looked haunted, not that Deaton could blame him.

However he had to continue "Stiles, what would have happened if Kyle hadn't found out your Dad would be okay? What would have happened if your Dad had died? Would you have killed everyone?"

Stiles hands that were gripping his own knees tightened, like something would bring him back out of this nightmare, his finger nails digging in and drawing blood.

But of course that wouldn't happen, because this was real.

But with all his heart he wished desperately it wasn't.

He did remember the agony he had been in before he had completely lost control. The same agony when his wolf and fox instincts clashed.

He hasn't just lost control because of his father, he had lost control because were foxes...weren't meant to exist.

He needed to choose and soon, he couldn't hurt anyone else he cared about.

But he still didn't know, which side he would take? Which side would surrender?

Would he be a werewolf or a Kitsune?

Either way...

Somethings gotta give.