Recovering

Deaton suggests that Stiles go and see his Dad while they wait for Derek and Kira to wake up. Apparently as soon as they wake up they should be fully healed and recovered, the potion was that strong.

Stiles didn't refuse him, he didn't know how to interact with Scott, nor what to say to Derek and Kira when they woke up so like a coward he accepted this easy opt out.

Though no matter what was going on, how could he possibly turn down seeing his dad?

Before he registered moving, he was already at the hospital, asking to see his father. His heart thudding hard in his chest.

Melissa directed him towards his fathers hospital room, telling him, he was asleep so he could wait for him to wake up.

It was pretty clear Scott hadn't told her what has happened with Stiles yet considering how calmly she was talking to him.

Stiles silently opened the door and closed it behind him, looking carefully at his Dad who seemed fast asleep.

Stiles pulled up a chair to sit by his side, letting a sigh of relief at seeing that his Dad seemed okay.

His chest was bandaged up a bit but other wise he was okay. It had looked so bad when he had gotten there.

Stiles let out a half gasp, half sob of relief at seeing his father like this.

He thought back to what had happened, inwardly wanting to curl up and block out the rest of the world.

He also felt like a coward, avoiding the chance to speak to Scott, Kira and Derek.

What did the rest of the pack think of him now? That he was a monster?

"I-I messed up bad Dad" He said, just feeling to need to blurt out whatever was going in his head, no matter if no one could actually hear him, maybe it was better this way?

How had things gotten this way?

His Dad was in here because of him, he had sounded so happy on the phone before everything went down.

So happy to spend some time with his son. Since how long had he and his dad actually hang out together? It felt like forever.

Was this also his fault? Had he been brushing his Dad aside?

"I promise, w-when you wake up we'll spend the whole day together watching movies and you'll probably want to get a take away but I'll insist you get something healthy instead and y-you'll grumble like you always do" Stiles said, his voice shaking.

He looked down at his shoes, shutting his eyes, trying to stop the tears from falling.

"I'm looking forward to it"

Stiles eyes shot open as he looked at his Dad, who was now no longer asleep, smiling kindly at Stiles.

He looked like he hadn't really woken up yet but still had been listening to what Stiles had been saying.

There was nothing but kindness in his eyes, kindness Stiles felt like he did not deserve however he couldn't stop the warmth and happiness that filled at the sight of his Dad awake. 

"Dad-" Stiles said, still unsure what he wanted to say, just something, anything to express how happy he was still was that he was still here or maybe just to blurt out everything that had happened, to confess how badly he had hurt his friends and hope his Dad could just tell him everything would be okay.

However he never got the chance to say anything as his phone started to buzz in his pocket. He went to turn it off, however his Dad shook his head.

"What if it's the pack Stiles?" His Dad said "You can't ignore them"

No he couldn't ignore them no matter how he wanted too, no matter how he just wanted to hide away.

Stiles hesitated then taking a deep breath he answered his phone.

"Stiles?"

Stiles blinked, he wasn't sure who he was expecting but for some reason he hadn't expected it to be...

"Scott?" He said hesitantly.

He didn't sound angry? Maybe out of breath?

He couldn't stop himself as he said his voice wobbling "A-about before... I-I-" He struggled on what to say yet he thankfully didn't struggle too long as Scott then interrupted him.

"I hate to say it but that's not why I called. Stiles, there's another out of control transformed werewolf sighting! No matter how I'm feeling-" Scott gave an uneasy laugh as he talked "Well I don't really know how I'm feeling but no matter what, we can't let it hurt others so...we need you need Stiles"

Stiles couldn't answer for a couple of seconds, no matter what he had been expecting, it hadn't been that.

A dark part of him, he wasn't going to lie was relieved about the sighting. Something else the pack could focus on rather than what had just happened with him.

He also needed to know...

"K-Kira and Derek, are they...?" He asked, having a hard time forming the sentence.

"They've recovered, in fact I only have them and Kyle to help me investigate the sighting since they uh..." Scott trailed off awkwardly.

Stiles winced knowing the end to that sentence since they were hurt by you.

Guilt squirmed in his stomach, after everything he'd done, how could he refuse?

But his Dad had just woken up...

"Stiles, if you need to go then go" His Dad said, reading his sons expression easily.

He looked at his Dad, shocked.

"Are you sure?"

"As long as when I'm out of the hospital you keep your promise of movies and a take away" His Dad said, his eyes twinkling.

"Okay Scott, I'll be there" He said and Scott sounding relieved gave him the address.

The woods again...

He stood up quickly, feeling determined, hoping that some of the guilt would release him from its grip after he had helped them.

He almost had ran out of the door after saying goodbye when his Dad called out to him.

"Stiles!"

He looked back.

"I know you won't listen if I tell you not to put yourself in danger but don't work to hard, everyone needs a break once in a while"

Stiles smiled softly "Thanks Dad"