Boiling Anger and Tension

The next morning Kira noticed something was wrong. They tried to hide it from her, she could tell but there was this strange tension in the air between them.

Her mother and father hardly talked to each other and barely looked at each other. She knew there must have been some kind of argument between them but usually she knew what their disagreement was about? Their arguments also didn't have much tension in the air.

When it was time to go to school, she asked her mother, hoping to get some answers "Mum, are you and dad alright? You both seem-"

"We're fine, you don't need to worry about us Kira" She said giving her daughter a comforting smile.

But Kira could still feel the tension radiating from her mother, no matter how hard she tried to hide it however she decided now wasn't the best time to try and understand what had happened between them.

So she just gave a smile and a nod and hoped whatever the issue was, it would be resolved by the time she got back from school, that it wasn't serious, however that did not help the feel of uneasiest go away.

Meanwhile Stiles felt like everything had turned against him. Any tiny thing that went wrong and every noise made his temper flare. Despite knowing that it was because of the full moon coming up, not what was going on that was making him angry he still could barely control it.

Even the worried looks from his father sent pulses of anger through his veins, he hated how everyone was so worried about him and that feeling was only amplified.

Hell, even the fact he was angry made him even angrier at himself for not being able to control his temper.

Stiles decided the best solution to this was to avoid talking and ignore everyone to the best of his ability.

It had worked up until lunch time. The pack deciding that the best option was to give him his space, which Stiles appreciated.

It would have lasted if a certain someone hadn't decided to trip Liam up at lunch, sending his lunch all over him and all over the floor.

Liam fumed and almost leapt at the bullies. Scott quickly stepped, pulling him back.

"Liam" Scott warned.

The beta listened but still bristled with anger.

Stiles watched on from where he was sitting with the pack, wondering if he should step in and give the the bullies a scare, who apparently hadn't learned his lesson from last time, if he'd been rational the thoughts would have swamped him with guilt but with the full moon so close he wasn't exactly thinking rationally right now.

The bullies laughed and one of them sneered "Come to the rescue again Scott?" He then sneered at Liam "Letting McCall fight your battles for you, like always"

"I'm not!" Liam snapped.

They only laughed at his reply, making Liam bristle even more.

Scott couldn't help but let out a low growl, his instincts hating how upset Liam was getting, thankfully the bullies didn't seem to hear it. These guys usually gave Stiles a lot of trouble but recently seemed to have moved on to a new victim in his group of friends, Liam. Scott assumed as he was easy to rile up.

They had used to bully him a lot when it was just him and Stiles but since he became friends with more people and became more popular they had a habit of now targeting his friends instead.

He said coldly, trying to put as much authority in his voice as possible, wishing for the first time that his alpha voice worked on humans "You need to leave, now. If you have a problem with me say it but leave Liam out of this"

The bully, the leader of the group, Conner opened his sneering mouth to reply but suddenly he seemed to pale and he promptly shut his mouth.

"If you have a problem with Scott, I suggest you say it to my face as well. What's wrong Conner, you look like you've seen a ghost?"

Stiles had decided to step in, a dark yet mocking look on his face.

Scott knew Stiles was helping him, of course he knew but despite that he couldn't stop the shiver down his spine at the expression on Stiles face...