The Foreboding Dream

The dried up frozen leaves crackled under the foxes paws as it crept towards it's prey. It didn't censer it's sound to much as the prey was already dead but it was sure the predator who had taken down this deer was around here somewhere.

But despite the dangers the fox couldn't help itself, it hasn't eaten in a while and was starving.

It crept towards the deer's carcass, ears twitching left and right, listening for any dangers.

As it got up close, and the smell of food overwhelmed it, the fox suddenly realised how hungry it was, it was starving.

If it didn't eat a lot of this meat, it knew that it would be too weak to hunt down its own prey soon.

It needed this meat.

It stopped and sniffed a little around the carcass and thankfully there didn't seem to be any other animals about.

The fox relaxed a little in relief and then still with its ears listening intently out for danger, it dug into the prey.

Ripping into it hungrily.

It felt so good to finally-

A snarl interrupted the fox's thoughts.

There was no time at all to react.

It was enjoying its meal a second ago, one second later...

All it saw was large jaws of sharp teeth heading towards its direction.

And all it head was a wolfs howl in the distance.

Then a sharp pain.

A sharp throbbing pain.

Stiles cried out as he awoke, as his head suddenly felt like someone had shoved their hands in his brain and slowly started to tear it apart.

He cursed under his bread as he grabbed his head, applying pressure and trying to ease the pain.

His heart still thudding hard in his chest but not from the pain.

That dream had also definitely freaked him out.

Though the pain was more the pressing issue.

It was only minutes but felt like hours, for gods sake what was up with this pain?

Finally it eased and Stiles could get his own mind sorted out. He thought about the odd dream, he swore that dream... that fox felt oddly familiar but at the same time he knew he'd never seen the fox before, very strange.

He let out a sigh, stretching before he got out of  bed. He was thankful that he hadn't been very loud when he'd cried out, so he hasn't spooked his dad.

His father had been very over protective as of lately but he supposed that was fair, considering it only had been a week since he'd visited the spirit world and almost got killed by a giant owl, explaining what had happened to his father had been...fun...

It didn't help the full moon was coming up and Stiles not looking forward to that at all. He could feel his temper become thinner and thinner each day. 

It also didn't help that Kyle was no where to be seen. He hasn't showed up to school and Stiles was worried about him. He knew Kyle had wanted to take a break from everything while considering the offer to join the pack. Stiles hoped he'd join. Stiles hoped having another fox similar sort of to himself would make him feel more stable on the full moon.

He had though of going to Kyle's house but... well it just made him feel awkward and he didn't want to seem like he was pressuring Kyle to join the pack.

Stiles just sighed, wishing that there was a way he could disappear from the world for just one day to stop himself facing the full moon again.

What had transpired last time still made him have nightmares and feel incredibly guilty and ashamed of himself.

Every night he looked up in the sky thinking about what could happen next full moon and the it filled him with a sense of dread and foreboding.

Hello everyone! Hope you enjoy my first chapter sort of lol. Hope everyone is safe!

This story has been chosen to be the one I focus on next until I finish it, I'll also still be focusing on Nightmare and Dreams. Hope you've all had a good day/night! Also this story is a sequel to Fox at Heart which I recommend you read first before you read this. Not sure how regular getting those chapters out will be but I'll try!