Healing Tears

Stiles didn't have time to react because for once since he became supernatural his reflexes weren't quick enough because his Dad did what he had wanted to do because he could even take one step forward.

The Sheriff ran over to his son and pulled him out of his seat, into a huge tight hug.

His Dad was... crying?

He had thought his Dad would be happy to see him but he hadn't expected this reaction.

"I'm so happy your safe!" His Dad cried out.

Stiles couldn't stop his own tears from forming in response and in retrospect, it was rather like a miracle wasn't it? He could have died so many times, he could have just stayed a monster and never returned home, leaving his Dad behind.

How could he ever think of doing that? Why had he become so cruel as mutated werewolf?

"I-it's fine, D-dad, I'm here" Stiles said, his voice cracking with emotion.

After a couple of minutes his Dad finally pulled away and Deaton quietly asked them if they wanted some privacy and ushering them to a quiet room in the back, where clients couldn't go.

"Do you have any idea how happy I am to see you?! And your back to normal! I was so scared that you wouldn't be able to turn back. I-I saw the news. You must have gone through so much" Noah rambled a bit, his voice filled with pure relief, and like any moment Stiles might disappear from his sight.

But something else caught Stiles attention in his words and he grimaced, his heart pounding.

He had thought Kyle had told him while they were walking to Deatons that the pack had kept his Dad away from the news?!

He swallowed, his happiness at seeing his Dad giving way to nerves and it felt a little difficult to breath.

He wanted to deny it or claim he didn't remember anything like with the Pack but the words just wouldn't come to his lips, instead he found himself saying "You...saw?"

"Your friends aren't as clever as they think they are" Noah chuckled through his tears.

His Dad didn't seem angry or upset but the fact that he knew what was happening on the news about the animal attacks made Stiles dive deep down into a mental panic.

Why didn't his Dad hate him?

Why didn't anyone hate him? Or even fear him?

He had thought if his Dad found out he would have thought he was a monster.

But what if this was all fake? Surely there must be some sort of dislike, hatred, disappointment, anything, in his Dads eyes.

No, he could see it if he really looked...

Stiles hands started to tremble and it became hard to take a breath inwards.

"Stiles!" His Dad said urgently, recognising his son on the verge of a panic attack.

"Hey, hey, come back to me, listen to me! Listen to me Stiles!" The Sheriff said firmly as he guided Stiles on to a chair to sit down.

Noah became more worried as he saw Stiles eyes start to flicker between silver and his normal light brown color.

Stiles put his head in his hands, trying to control his own breathing but failing massively, wishing he could just disappear. He hated himself even more for not being able to stop his own panic attacks, why was he so useless at all of this? No wonder his Dad didn't-

"Stiles, we've been through this before, remember what I always tell you?" The Sherrif said, interrupting Stiles downward spiral thoughts, suddenly to Noah, this didn't feel like he was trying to calm down his supernaturally over powered son but talking to his 10 year old son after Claudia's death.

"Stiles!" Noah said raising his voice and Stiles finally responded, slowly his breathing got back under his own control "M-my minds brilliant b-but it can also be stupid at times and tell me stuff t-that's not true"

It wasn't anything revolutionary but a simple sentence that Stiles as a child could remember and make sense of.

Noah then wrapped his arms around Stiles, letting Stiles bury his head in his chest, stifling a sob.

"I'm so sorry, you must have been through so much" Noah said, his voice cracking with the thought of what Stiles must have gone through, how much all of this must torment his mind.

So the father and son stayed there for a while, just letting Stiles cry into him, getting rid of all his tears.

His chest was wet by the time Stiles pulled away.

Noah comfortingly squeezed his shoulder as he said kindly "What you do now is up to you kiddo, I'll do whatever you want"

Stiles finally got to grips with his own mind. His Dad didn't hate him, no one hated him. In fact the only one that hated him was...

"I think I need to face up to what's happened" Stiles said shakily "I need to visit the other victims who became mutated werewolves"

They could be the judge on what he should be feeling. On how he should be reacting and maybe they also would help him understand himself after everything?

Noah looked at him concerned "Are you sure now is the best time?"

"It's now or never" Stiles mumbled.

Deaton waved them a quick goodbye as they headed out of the clinic and expressing how glad he was that Stiles seemed a little better.

Everything seemed to be looking up...

Until...

"Where you both of too in a hurry?"

Stiles bit back a growl as Peter emerged from the corner of the building.

He could feel his Dad stiffen besides him, narrowing his eyes on the werewolf.

"Is there a reason your out skulking about behind the clinic or do you just want to take Derek's award as the new creeper wolf" Stiles snapped, everything inside him that had started to relax and loosen suddenly tightening up again, like he was being wound up like a child's toy, ready to let loose at a moments notice.

"I just wanted to see how you're doing Stiles. Can't I do that? I feel like we didn't really get on the last time we both met but I suppose you don't remember that" Peter said mockingly.

Stiles didn't answer however he did in fact want to tell Peter that he did remember that and was wishing his werewolf self had followed through on the threat to kill Peter.