15

Harrys POV

   The room was silent as we all sat huddled close together praying that everything will be fine. Luke sat to my right as Gemma curled into my left sobbing silently as we wait. My parents sat on the other couch across from us as the boys scattered the room, leaning against the wall or sitting in the middle of the floor. The tick of the clock being the only sound in the silent room, all we could do was watch the door and wait. My babies must have been sensing our distress as they only sent soft little kick as if to say it'll all be okay.

   Just as the sun began to rise in the window a knock was sounded on the door before a group of three doctors came in. Gemma stood up immediately, as we all tried to read the doctors faces and brace ourselves for the worst. "Please tell me my husbands alright, I need him to be alright." Gemma begged as she went towards the group. A soft smile made its way to the doctors lips as he placed a gentle hand on Gemma's forehand in an act of comfort. "It was very touch and go and he's not out of the woods, but your husbands alright. He's been placed in the intensive care unit..." was all the doctor could say before Gemma collapsed on the ground in relief, repeatedly thanking the doctors over and over as she sobbed.

   Luke and I quickly stood and went to her side, the both of us quietly crying in relief as well. Luke helped her off the ground and the two of us guided her back to the couch and calm her down enough so the doctor can finish explaining whats happening. "Your husband Patrick, has suffered from a mild concussion, internal bleeding that we were able to stop, a fractured right arm, a fractured left leg, has a lot of bruising, swelling, and major cuts that'll we'll keep monitoring to make sure they don't become infected. However he did fracture two of his ribs which punctured his heart and right lung. As soon as he wakes up we'll go over his plan of action. However I can say with certainty now that he'll need at least three more surgeries before we can talk about his recovery plan." the doctor explained, crouched in front of Gemma.

   Gemma nodded along to what the doctor was explaining as she continuously took multiple deep breathes as she tried to stop sobbing. "Can I please see my husband." she spoke barely above a whisper, her voice horse from all of her tears. Her breathing hitched as the doctor nodded and held out a hand to help her up. "Only three of you can go in at a time, is there anyone you'd like to be in there with you first?" the doctor asked the last parted directed at Gemma. She nodded and quickly reached out for mine and Lukes hands, Luke helped me up first before the two us each grabbed a hand and silently left the room.

   Twisting threw the corridors we follow silently behind the doctor, the other two having stayed back to go more in-depth with our family about what to expect and how its best for us to help the couple. Half way through the walk I pause having to take a breathe, with two babies pushing up into my lungs it makes it a little hard to wind threw endless hallways. Luke and Gemma immediately notice I've stopped and rushed towards me in a panic. 'I'm fine your babies are just trying to see how much they can squish my lungs before I collapse.' I say smiling lightly as I tried to lighten the mood by joking and it seems to have done the trick as Gemma finally cracked a smile. Waiting a tick more we then start up again only to stop shortly outside of a door.

   The doctor knocked twice before entering, we followed him slowly as we weren't prepared on how he would look. It made my stomach drop as soon as I walked in the first thing I noticed were all the machines. Wires everywhere and a tube shoved down his throat, his leg held suspended in the air as his right arm layer delicately on a pillow. The top of his head was wrapped in multiple bandages and his left eye was swollen and black but his right eye was open. Watching the four of us enter he weakly held out his arm and Gemma ran at him to grab it, squeezing it tight as she repeatedly whispered words of love. Luke and I stood behind the chair Gemma sat in smiling down at Patrick gently as he lifted his eye and smiled, well smiled as much as he could, back at us. Slowly slipping his hand out from Gemmas and reached it out towards my tummy, I giggled and easily stepped forward to answer his silent plea. 

   'The twins were very nervous about their Uncle Patrick but they're extremely glad he's alright.' I say as tears slowly sting my eyes. "Yeah bud, they cant wait to meet their favorite Uncle. You've already been deemed their favorite, they told me so." Luke say his voice crackling as his eyes held tears. Patrick seemed to smile a bit bigger as he lightly shook with laughter, just at that moment one of the twins kicked right in the center of Patricks palm causing a look of wonder in his eyes. I lean my head on Lukes shoulder and quietly thank every being out there that Patrick is still here with us.

   I just hope he stays here with us.

Hello World,

I hope hope you enjoyed this chapter! Patricks in the clear for now, but will he stay in the clear? (you guys decide and let me know in the comments) How will the Styles handle it? Just a reminder that in this story men are pregnant for ten months while women are only pregnant for nine. Feel free to leave name suggestions in the comments.