Chapter 3

Its been two weeks since we moved here. And the girls and Peter have settled in well. Each of them have already made friends. Lennon has a group of choir and photography girls as well as a couple guys from some classes.

Maisy is friends with almost all her classmates.

 Peter hangs out with a few of the boys in his class, however he worries me most. He no longer has a father or male figure in his life since our father is in prison, our 21 year old brother, Max, ran off with some of his band members, and our 20 year old brother, Isaac, left us as soon as he turned 18. Max couldn't handle our moms' death and Isaac couldn't bear to be bothered with his sisters and brother because he was to busy partying.

    I don't know what to do for Peter, but I don't think I can let another man come in and ruin our lives. So for now I will be the parent to them all, from going to school functions to helping with homework to being a shoulder to cry on.

*****

    After dropping the kids off I head to the schools stables.

  The other day I had found out they have stables on campus. So now any free time I get between classes and work, I spend here. My favorite horse is Cloud's Mystique. He is black with a white blaze on his head and bright blue eyes that I sometimes imagine can stare into my soul. Mystique doesn't belong to anyone yet so one of the farmhands said if I wanted she can see if I can ride him.

    I use to ride horses with my mom all the time. I rode a feisty little appaloosa mare named Clover, that only girls could ride- due to being abused by a man, she only trusted girls- and my mom rode a red dun gelding that she named Hoss. Any time I am around horses now its like I'm with her again.

    Eventually I have to go to class. When I turn around I bump into someone, dropping the books I was holding in the process.

    "I'm so sorry I didn't see you there." I say breathlessly. When I stand back up after picking up my books I see who I bumped into. He is tall and looks strong, but not like he takes steroids. His curly, dark hair sticks out from under his stetson. I'm stunned when I look at his blue eyes, causing me to backup. I can't breath and I can feel the panic attack coming. His eyes are the same color that my mom's where only a little more grey than my hers had been.

    "Are you okay?" He asks with worried eyes. I know he isn't going to hurt me, but when he reaches for my arm I flinch. I stumble backwards and run away.

    He isn't the only one I have seen with those eyes, my childhood crush had the same color eyes and so did one of my friends. But it is the first time I have seen eyes like that in several years. And it scared me more than being afraid that I was gonna get hurt.

***************

    Eventually school is over and I go to work. But I just can't get that guy out of my head. His curly hair, his broad chest and shoulders, strong jawline, and most of all his piercing blue-grey eyes.  And I realize that a part of me, however small it is, wants to see him again.

________________
Finally finished the chapter. Hope you enjoyed it.
P.S. the picture of the horse is suppose to be Clouds Mystique.