Chapter 8

Luca's POV
************
I faintly hear Emerald mutter to herself that she should be able to give Peter a birthday part herself. And no matter how much I think about it I can't figure out why she would be responsible for Peter. After meeting her for breakfast and her having to run and get her brother from school I can't stop thinking about her. The mystery of her draws me in and I want to learn more about her.

Eventually, after some more begging on Lila's part, Emerald looks at me with her piercing green eyes, that I know was the reason for her being named Emerald, and she agrees to let us throw the party.

"Alright, well I guess we should let Peter know. He will be very excited." She says, letting her long fiery amber-red hair fall so that it shields her face.
_______

We find the little brown haired boy watching the ponies and miniatures play in the paddock.

The moment that Emerald tells Peter he gets to have a birthday party he grins and says he wants to invite a couple of kids from his class. I get the feeling he didn't think he would be able to have a party this year. Suddenly his smile fades as he realizes something unknown to me. Then he asks the craziest thing, "Are you sure you are okay with me having a party?"

Emerald bends down to look him in the eyes. "Of course its okay, buddy. I just want you to be happy. It just probably wont be extravagant, okay?" She says softly, brushing a stand of hair out of his face. Then, standing up, she says to us, "Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to us. We have to go home now that I have finished the barn chores. Thank you again." And then they are gone.
____________

When we got home all Lila could talk about were the plans for Peter's party. And all I can think about is the way that Emerald is like more of a parent than a sister to Peter and how anytime we ask questions about her parents she becomes cold and aloof.

Whatever it is I want to help anyway I can. Because there is something about her fragile smile and sad eyes that manage to pull me in. I just hope she will let me in.

**********
Hope y'all enjoyed. I decided to try Luca's POV so I'm sorry if it was a lil rough.