- ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ -

_____

At the hospital, outside the OR (Operating Room)

Jinni was sitting at the side, with Bae beside her, crying...

"M-mom"

She mumbled tears are falling... Bae was crying too, at the same time she was patting the back of her cousin, stopping herself to let out a loud cry.

"S-shhh, it's okay Jinni, she will be fine"

She tried to comfort her, she did, she tried her best, but it didn't help at all. Jinni shakes her head, both hands covering her face, guilt swallowing her whole.

It's my fault, it's my fault, it's my fault. Those were the words that echoed inside her head, making her hard to breathe, making her hard to face the world around her again.

"I-it's my fault that's why she's fighting for her life now, i-it's all because of me" she let out with a shaky voice, her teeth biting her lower lip, smacking her head using her hand, and Bae tried to stop her as much as she can.

"No one is at fault, it's not your fault, Jinni... Not again, d-don't blame yourself again for the second time, just. Don't" she let out crying, hurting how her cousin is suffering more.

"Y-you don't understand, everyone is suffering because of me"

But Bae shakes her head, rejecting her words.

"I understand, okay? Don't say that as if it all happened because you did those, No Jinni, you were a victim too" she said sternly, blaming it all on whoever is the one who causes all of this chaos in their family.

"N-no, If only I was an obedient daughter, I-I should've stayed at my r-room for good, b-but I didn't that's why mom is inside the OR now... I-I don't even know what's happening w-with the operation, I-I should be the one who's laying at the hospital bed right now, I-... " she didn't finish her words as she only sobbed more, tears building up again in her eyes, falling fast down to her cheeks the moment she closed her eyes.

It's because of you, it's because of you Jinni... You're nothing but trouble, a stroke of bad luck, or maybe even a curse!

Those were the words she's hearing beside her, on her front, behind her back, like her other self was talking to her. A grinning smile was seen on that face, looking at her with pity, with an evil smile, causing her to shake her head, rejecting those words she heard, but some part of her believing it's true.

"S-stop, okay? Stop thinking negatively... Stop being pessimistic. You must stay strong for your mom, just like how your mom is fighting for her life. She's fighting, okay? Not wanting to leave you behind, not wanting to see you suffer more when our friend died, and I hate to see it too again Jinni, so please.. " the short-haired girl begged, caressing her cousin's back.

Jinni didn't answer, she only cried more the moment she heard the word 'Mom'. She only even cried more the moment she heard that her mom was also fighting for her, not wanting to leave her alone.

It's too fast for Jinni to swallow all of the things that happened... It was like at a speed of light, everything become a mess, the chaos started, everything that happened is unexpected.

"W-where is father?" she asked, roaming her sight, but she didn't see him, causing her to frown.

"Father told me that he directly went to the police station, maybe he wanted to know about the investigation of the police"

Jinni was only silent, she knows in herself, that her Father will only gonna blame her more, especially after what happened to her mom.

Now, who's going to defend me from him, when mom is not here?