Chapter 43 : Panic attack

"Why are you so goddamn slow, Wilbur? There's only 3 minutes left until the panel, and we still got to pick up Ray!" Tommy huffed out, his long legs allowing him to stride at twice the speed of a normal human being

Wilbur trailed behind him with much less enthusiastic steps, but still somehow keeping up. "Ray's probably already gone because we took so long." He replied casually, completely unconcerned with the latter's hurry. "Besides, we have reserved seats. Even if we don't make it in time, we'll still watch it."

Tommy ignored him, a slight huff coming out of his parted lips, his eyebrows slightly slanted in agitation.

As the two sped down the empty hallway, eventually they came up to the corner leading to the west-wing bathrooms, where Ray was supposedly waiting. Tommy didn't expect to see her there, having acknowledged Wilbur's words and figured that she'd already gone to the panel by herself.

But he was wrong.

As the scene unfolding in the hallway bestowed on him, Tommy came to an immediate halt. It came as a harsh slap to his face, and he felt himself freezing up in surprise. The only little bit of motion that he managed was his jaw slowly dropping, leaving his mouth hanging open.

Wilbur clearly noticed this new development, but before he could ask, he had already ended up beside the younger and had now also become a witness.

Ray was indeed there, and the expression on her half-covered face said it all- she was in a complete state of terror. Pressed to her body was a rather tall man, his arm tightly wrapped around her waist, forcing her to stay near. His other hand was by her face, and his mouth was twisted in a malicious, despicable grin as he pinched on her mask, ready to pull it off.

Tommy felt as if his mind had gone blank somehow, but he understood the situation instantly: Ray was getting harassed by this sick son of a bitch. And as if on cue, a fiery, murderous anger sparked up throughout Tommy's body, and he felt his cheeks burning hot red.

"HEY, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" The yell had left his lips before he even thought about what he wanted to say.

The man's head whipped toward the two, eyes widened due to being caught directly in the act. He instantly let go of Ray and wasted no time turning on his heel and dashing in the other direction.

"YOU MOTHER FUCKER, I WILL- "Tommy began, literally seeing red for the first time in his life. But before he could even take a step forward, Wilbur had already placed a palm on his chest.

"Don't chase him, I'll go call security." The elder exclaimed with an unnaturally grim expression on his face. "Stay here with Ray."

"Wait, but- "Tommy once again couldn't finish his sentence before Wilbur gave him a commanding look, and the boy turned to look at Ray.

She was still standing in the same exact spot, her eyes fixated on the carpeted floor below. Her mask had ended up below her nose, however it was clear she was breathing through her mouth, seeing as it went up and down in short and unrhythmical intervals. Although she seemed to be frozen in shock, her body was trembling, especially at the knees.