Chapter 15:

Karma

After I finally got over my anger I realized I acted too soon and at the wrong person since it wasn't all his fault. Brandon was just there at the moment so I took my anger out on him. I didn't mean to kick him out or swing on him. I still can't help but to feel some type of way, but I actually respect Brandon for telling me when he did instead of waiting or not telling me at all. I have no doubt Brandon loves me and is all about our family, but in that moment my anger blinded all that. Anger that was meant for someone else.

I stayed up half the night watching my phone continuously light up with notifications, all from Brandon. I was lost in my thoughts though, on whether I should go find this bitch to beat her ass now or wait until later. I decided I'll catch that bitch later.

I know Brandon's sick ass mom probably set that up, even tho I wanna slap the shit outta her too I'm not going to for Brandon's sake. I will be cussing her out tho because that's some fucked up sheisty ass shit. Your son is happy? Shouldn't you be?

"Are you gonna tell me what happened?" My mom asks as I come downstairs with Bryna who was on my hip.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Karma." She said.

"I don't want or need you running back a half ass story to your husband or sons. I promise everything is fine." Or will be fine.

"Okay Karma you're grown I'ma let you handle ya own shit. Come on Bryn so you can eat with Brei. And you," She pointed at me. "Go talk to Brandon. That damn boy blew my phone up all night asking if you were here, safe, and okay."

"Eventually." I said. "I'll wait for the girls tho."

"I'll drop them off before I head to open the salon so go ahead." She said flagging me off.

I rolled my eyes before going to tell the girls I'll see them in a little and leaving.

*

When I got to the house Brandon wasn't there and honestly I wasn't ready to see or talk to him at the moment so I didn't call him just yet. I needed my alone time for a while because seeing him will make that shit continue to replay over and over in my head and I don't wanna get pissed off all over again because that bitch isn't in front of me at the moment so I can beat her ass.

I cleaned up the living room then made my way into the kitchen just as my phone ring displaying Brandon's name. I started to ignore it, but decided against it.

"I love you." He said as soon as I answered the phone.

"I know." I mumbled quietly.

"I know you told me to get out and you're mad, but I promised the girls I would take them for ice cream today so can I come get them?"

"Yeah." I said.

"I'm outside open the door, I left my key."

"They're not here yet. My mom is about to bring them."

"I can't wait for them inside?"

I sighed. "Fine."

I opened the door rolling my eyes at him trying to give me lil sad eyes.

"I don't wanna get angry all over again so I don't wanna talk about it right now."

"We have to talk about it eventually."

"I know." I mumbled walking away towards the kitchen.

*

After Brandon's many failed attempts to get me to talk or do other things. He gave up and went and sat in the living room.