Chapter 40:

EPILOGUE - 3 years later ...

*********

Karma

"Carter I'ma beat your lil ass." I said as he pulled Bryna's ponytail once she got in the car which he calls his form of hello.

Carter is now three and bad as hell. Brandon's mom said he's the toddler Brandon all over again.

"Ooh you lucky mommy told me I got ice cream at home or I would have slapped your face." Bryna, who is seven now said.

I rolled my eyes. "Brandon get your damn kids." I said getting back in the passengers seat.

"Oh they're only mine when they're being bad, huh?" He asks.

"Mhmm." I said jokingly.

"If Brei don't bring her lil ass on before I get out and embarrass her." Brandon said as Brei came out the school talking to her little group of friends.

Bryna is seven, while Brei is ten now, and Brandon just gets more and more over protective with age.

"Brei who was them lil boys with you and ya bestfriend?" Brandon asks her as she opens the door getting in.

"Daddy they are friends." She said.

"Mhmm."

I shook my head, "She's only ten Brandon, relax. We got a few years before we have to worry about that."

"Did you forget I liked you since kindergarten?"

I rolled my eyes.

*

"I think it was a good idea for us to add that little game tv room for when we bring the kids with us to the shop." I said coming from the back after helping the girls with their homework and making sure they were good.

"Right they be quiet as hell and minding their own damn business." My mom said. "Where Carter? With Brandon?"

"Yeah. He went to get a haircut."

"Oh okay. Nel is coming to get her hair done today she suppose to be bringing both Khloe and Kaidy with her since Shelly is at work."

"I missed my nieces. I seen my think they're grown nephews yesterday at the tattoo shop. Oh, and mom you know Dom is having another baby?"

"Yeah, they came to the house the other day. He said he was gonna call you, Kjayy, and Kaine."

"He did and came by the tattoo shop when I was there."

"Nan where are our snacks?" Bryna said coming from the back.

"There are some yogurts in the fridge back there. I gotta fill yall snack cabinet back up." My mom said.

"Okay." She said going back to the back.

"Alright, I'm going home. You good being in charge the rest of the day?" My mom asks.

"Yes, mom you ask me this everyday."

"Okay just gotta check." She said grabbing her bag hugging me and saying her byes to everybody else.

*

"Where Mom?" Nel asks when she comes into the shop a couple hours later.

"She went home." I said hugging Kaidy and Khloe. "What y'all got in them food bags? Y'all bring me and my babies some?"

"We brung Brei and Bryna some." Khloe said.

"Mhmm, I guess that's okay fakeness." I said telling them the girls are in the back.