Chapter 39:

Wedding cake, Karma's dress,
Brandon's suit, and Karma's bouquet
in MM.

*********
Weekend Before Wedding.

Karma

"Can I come with you to your visit to see Hayes?" I ask Ariel over the phone.

"Yeah, sure. We are just leaving you can meet us there."

"Okay." I said.

Me and Ariel both got to the jail at the same time. She got her son out the back while I got mine.

"You know he's getting out in less than a week?" She asks as we head inside.

"I know that's why I wanna talk to him."

After signing in and showing our ID we headed back to see him and he was already waiting.

I watched him take his son from Ariel kissing him and hugging him making him giggle. "In a couple days I'll be home to be with you and mommy all the time."

He hugged and kissed Ariel's neck then her lips.

"Aye, your Bc's lady right? What's up?"

"Just coming to talk, quickly so I don't take up all yall time together."

"You're good." He said signaling for us all to sit down. "Bc told me yall had another baby. Finally got that son."

"Right." I said looking down at Bj's sleeping form. "I'm sure he also told you we are getting married."

"Yeah, congrats."

"Thanks. Also know you'll be home in time to come. Wanna come?" I ask.

"I'ma be broke and fresh outta jail. The hell I look like going to a wedding?"

"I got you and you already know Brandon got you. Just say you'll come. You'll have a outfit, a free fresh haircut, and a job waiting for you when you get outta this bitch."

"A job?" He questions.

"Yeah, I don't want your ass back in these streets. I want you to meet my dad. He helped Brandon when he got out and I know he'd help you."

He looked over at Ariel.

"We were just talking about life after jail. Take the damn help, babe."

He sighed, "Fine, fine. If you're serious and I hope you are, I'm down."

"Very serious. Ariel hit me when he's officially released. Does Brandon know?" I ask.

"Nah, I haven't talk to him in a minute. I planned to call him today since he just added more money on my books the other day."

"Don't, I want him to be surprised you're out. He looks at you like a little brother now, he'll be happy to see you out."

"Thank you."

I smiled at him before getting up and leaving.

********

Wedding Day

"You just gonna keep sending that boy pictures of everything?" My mom asks as I was sending Brandon a picture of my bouquet.

"Yeah," I laughed. "I'm probably working his nerves, but I don't care."

"Most men don't care about the decorations part of the wedding. Whatever you like, they like." My mom said. "They just wanna show up."