jammy & moody.

Tw: mentions of blood and harassment (?), she's still a soft book x

Harry frowns as he watches her repeatedly shake the bottle with a bright smile on her face and he wonders what on earth is going on here.

Rana ignores his curious eyes and continues shaking the bottle of berry sauce.

The cakelets are already delicious but she feels like it needs an extra kick because that's just how she eats.

He stays patient as he watches her squeeze the purple coloured sauce on the flat plate before him.

She gestures at him with a smile to try it and he swiftly shakes his head in defiance.

Those soft luscious curls bounce with him and she bites down her lip, admiring how his beauty randomly catches her attention.

"You won't try it?" she speaks up, still shaking the bottle.

"That's wrong," he pouts with a frown, feeling insulted.

"Oi, who says?" Rana chuckles, squeezing more sauce onto her plate.

"I say. Yes, I'm a baker," Harry keeps his frown.

"Everyone knows that mate," she shrugs, picking up a cakelet.

"And I can say it's wrong," he announces.

"Alright, but you know it's only wrong if it tastes shitty," she says, going at it.

Without further ado, Rana breaks up her cakelet into two pieces and gently dips one piece into the sauce on her plate.

Harry cringes as the dark berry sauce stains his perfected goodness and he watches her slowly chew in joy.

Her eyes widen in delight and she tenderly chews with an annoying sound accompanying her.

This makes him pause because that's almost the same sound she made back at the market and it makes him hold back a laugh.

Harry's curiosity grows and he brings his index finger to taste the sauce on the plate. He scoops up the sauce and calmly places it in his point.

Nothing extraordinary happens to him and he forgets his finger in his mouth for a minute because Rana is staring at him.

"Wha'," he asks, finger still in mouth.

"You're going to drool if you forget your finger in your mouth," she chuckles, staring at him.

Right, he gets out his finger and quickly gets a sanitiser that's on the table.

Rana continues her delightful snack and pauses for a moment.

Right now, she has berry sauce in the corners of her mouth and he thinks that's weirdly adorable.

"You look jammy," he giggles.

"And you look moody," she frowns.

"Why are you frowning? You have jam around your mouth," Harry shrugs.

Realising this, Rana laughs and cleans up the corners of her mouth. He relaxes a little bit on seeing that she's not offended and that wave of silence hits them.

It feels like this should be the end of their afternoon together but there's this invisible pull making each person feel there has to be more to do.

Something about parting ways makes them feel a little uncomfortable and it also feels like time races when they're together.

"You should come around to the school," she clears her throat.

"No, thank you," Harry quickly says.

"That was the fastest rejection in my life and trust me, I've been rejected," she chuckles, amused.