friend, boyfriend & guest.

uh...20 chapters? oh wow. i love you xx

After a delightful Sunday well spent with his girlfriend, Harry took some time and communicated with Rana about needing some days to himself.

This time around Rana completely understood he'd always need some days to recharge and be alone.

It was only two days anyway and he was feeling mighty inspired to switch up some items on the Blossom menu.

With the new inspiration and positive feelings around him, he finally agreed to having dinner or possibly games' night with her parents.

It was a random decision and he panicked before Zayn reminded him that he already knows these people.

So right now, after closing the shop for the day and changing into a more "outing" outfit, he is arriving at Paloma's house with a little smile on his face.

Everyone knows Paloma in this little town. She's the woman who worked with so many famous bands in the 80s and 90s as a legendary photographer.

The woman lived a very active life in the London scene before choosing to have a quieter life here with her small family.

Anne and Paloma have been friends from the day they met but their kids were already teenagers having separate lives.

When Paloma became friends with Anne, Harry was living with his dad in London and trying to adjust to a mainstream school that hardly catered to his different needs.

By the time Harry was moving back to Cheshire to start his own life on his terms, Rana was branching out into the wilds with Louis and Marvin.

It's a funny case of destiny, fate and whatever working its own terms.

The women stayed friends through love, loss, grief, joy and everything else in between. Paloma married the love of her life in a quiet ceremony and Anne was her maid of honour.

Harry knew of the wedding and he saw pictures of Rana so he knew these people existed in his mother's life, he just had no idea it was going to come full circle at some point.

With a little breath, he blinks and sees Rana standing before him as he steps into the vibrant house. Rana is dressed in a super casual white shirt and jeans, keeping it simple.

Harry smiles as he admires her and he leans forward for a quick kiss. This makes Rana also smile as she takes in the kiss.

He calmly shuts the door behind him and hears what sounds like music in another language.

"Still nervous?" Rana speaks, staring at the little box of treats in his hands.

"Yes," he nods and clears his throat.

"I'm here for you, okay?" she assures him, leading him in.

"Where is Paloma?" Harry searches, seeking a second familiar person.

"In the kitchen, Baba went upstairs to freshen up," she replies.

"I want to say hello to her, please," he says.

"Sure thing," she smiles as they start walking away.

As they walk, he quickly reaches to hold her hand with a free hand and she appreciates this.

Getting to the kitchen, they meet Paloma pouring herself a generous glass and admiring the setup of food. She smiles on seeing him and she sets the glass aside, hurrying over to him.

Paloma knows her best friend's son more than he knows her and it makes sense why the banter comes easy for her.

"There he is, hello beautiful boy," she smiles, standing before him.