astbury memories pt 2.

are the updates too much? am i doing the most? i'll take a breather, i love you xx

Rana and Zayn walk down the oddly quiet street. Even in her panic, she can see how beautiful the street is and she hopes Harry was able to take in some of the beauty as he walked around.

A part of her silently scolds herself for leaving him alone but she also didn't expect him to wander off.

The only thing she's learned about wandering off was that it needed a trigger and she always assumed that something bad had to happen.

In silence, she squeezes the bunny and realises how extremely soothing it is. She smiles with tears in her eyes as she remembers how he tightly holds onto the soft bunny.

Zayn notices that she's getting emotional and he calmly puts an arm around her. He's been here before and he knows how it can feel when it happens the very first time.

"We were teenagers when it first happened," he looks at her.

Rana sniffs and turns to him, trying to understand him.

"What?" she mumbles.

"I experienced my first wander as teenagers, we went to watch local football and he decided to wander right off," Zayn says with a smile.

"Why did he do that?" she asks, calmly.

"Honestly? He couldn't explain it but we figured that he was just curious," he replies.

"Is it a regular thing?" she wipes her tears.

"Annoyingly regular. That's when Anne decided to invest in badges," Zayn chuckles.

This makes Rana smile a little.

The memory of a younger Harry not being able to fully communicate his emotions whenever he wandered off makes her heart warm.

According to everyone, he grew up somewhat chatty but sometimes chatty still meant incoherent and overwhelmed.

Whenever he wandered, they feared him getting into the wrong hands and not being able to express himself so his mum created badges that explained his situation.

The badges are worn when he has to be in a new environment and if he's not wearing them, he has one in his wallet or pocket.

The reasons for taking off really differ. Sometimes he just loves to explore and other times he's extremely irritated, anxious or excited.

Right now, it's possibly because of the new house but it's still hard to tell. He was in a good mood and he didn't seem overwhelmed.

Also, the fact that the bunny was left on the floor doesn't sit right with her. That bunny is basically his best friend right now.

"I just want him to be fine," Rana sighs.

"I know and I also don't want you blaming yourself," Zayn looks at her.

"But I left him alone," she points out.

"He's an adult man. Yes, he's differently abled but you should give him some credit, okay?" he tries to assure her.

"Okay. Are you trying to say he just felt like it?" She calms down a little.

"Possible. There's even a high chance of him dragging us for being worried about him," he chuckles.

"I swear I will fight him if he drags me for being worried," she smiles.

Zayn is glad to see her smile and he looks around the area, wondering where his friend has decided to explore without sharing.