harry & zayn.

Flashback

In the middle of a beautiful park, there are multiple groups present. Little clusters of parents, couples, friends and all you can think of.

There's also a handful of young men playing football as friends. It's friendly and lighthearted.

The weather is beautiful and the warm breeze compliments it. Everyone is laughing and enjoying a beautiful day.

In the corner of the football section, a young man quietly observes what's happening. He's a late teenager with gorgeous thick curls and freckles dusted on the bridge of his nose.

The warm air pushes through his skin and he hums in appreciation.

Painfully shy and extremely quiet, Harry watches everyone socially interact without troubles. He hums again as he presses his knees together and scratches the skin on his wrist.

There's a lot of discomfort and he's only here because his mother urged him to be a little more social. He just doesn't know what he's supposed to do.

It looks like everyone knows the other person and these people look awfully comfortable with each other. Harry groans to himself and blows a raspberry, keeping himself entertained.

That's when he notices someone joining him and he immediately withdraws with a weak giggle. This only makes the person smile and this person is Zayn.

These two know of each other and they hardly interact.

Zayn doesn't know much about Harry. Harry simply thinks a group of men are scary so he avoids their groups.

Zayn calmly observes the peculiar lad and he clears his throat, stepping closer to him.

"Are you joining us?" Zayn asks, calmly.

"No to strangers," Harry announces, looking away.

With puberty doing his voice a favour, he has a monotonous rasp. His emotions cannot be told through his voice. He is going to sound the same when he's excited and bored.

It's a little annoying but that's just how he's going to be.

"We know each other," Zayn smiles a little.

Harry pauses with a small frown and turns to briefly stare at the person speaking. He smiles and looks away again.

Zayn is right. They do know each other. They're just not friends.

"Zayn," Harry mumbles.

"Harry," Zayn replies.

That's a little bit of progress and that's good. Zayn takes a step closer and notices that Harry physically cringes so he pauses.

The lad is clearly uncomfortable with interactions and maybe that's his way of showing it.

Harry coarsely groans to himself and Zayn raises an eyebrow at the weird sound.

He watches the younger guy slowly fist on his thick curls and he wonders what in the world is going on before him.

"Okay, still here," Harry points out, a little loud.

"Yes, I asked if you want to join us in football," Zayn smiles.

Harry slowly shakes his head in disagreement and he releases his fingers from his hair.

"Why?" Harry pauses with a frown.

Zayn smiles and chooses to sit down next to him. There's a lot of distance between them but it's a social attempt.