football with friends.

Sometimes, you have to choose violence. Happy reading  :) x

Rana and Harry arrive at the park for football after a quick walk, not far from her parent's house where she had been staying for a bit.

It was a quiet walk and she enjoyed it.

There was no need to fill the silence with small unnecessary talk and Harry really liked the company. He doesn't know if she's an actual fan of football but he knows she won't be alone.

Their sports club is a handful of young people in the community and they take pride in coming together whenever they can. It's generally for leisure and Harry enjoys being a part of something.

Growing up as the consistent odd one out, he never felt like he could form emotional bonds with people and that hurt him. Adjusting in different schools, moving between Cheshire and London made things a little worse for him.

Coming back to Cheshire after school in London was scary but his friendship with Zayn managed to drag him out of his deep social shell.

From time to time, he's still the odd one out as the only football player with bright pink nails or floral clips in his curls.

Sometimes, he panics right in the middle of the match and they have to pause for him to get himself together.

It never comes with judgement. The lads understand him.

In fact, they care about him and he doesn't feel patronised. They banter and spend time together without making him feel odd.

It's refreshing and he hopes Rana can see him outside of his baking life. Once they arrive at the football space of the park, Rana smiles at the handful of people present.

She sees Zayn chatting with a woman and recognises some other guys from the farmer's market festival. It's nice to see that Harry has his own support system.

It hurts a little because she once had something like this back in London and she lost it. Harry deserves this more than she does anyway.

She feels a soft nudge and notices that Harry has been staring at her, concerned.

"Shy? Is Jammy shy?" he asks, with a small smile.

"No. I don't care," she clears her throat.

"Yes, you do. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be here," he keeps his smile.

"Look at you using your big brain now," she rolls her eyes.

Zayn walks over to them, shrugging off his coat and the woman with him joins them with a warm smile.

"Don't tell me you two are already fighting," Zayn stares at them, being the adult here.

"Where have you been?" Rana goes for it.

"He didn't follow me to check on you," Harry points at Zayn with a disapproving frown.

"I messaged you, didn't I?" Zayn is confused.

"But you didn't follow me to check," Harry repeats the point.

"Because I had to work the store before football," Zayn replies.

"Harry, do we like that excuse?" Rana asks with a smile.

"Nope," Harry replies, taking off his coat and looking away.

"You brats are setting me up, innit?" Zayn smiles at this.

The woman with him squeezes herself through and stands before Rana with excited eyes.

"And I love it! Hi Rana, I'm Petra but everyone calls me Pet," Pet says, excited.

"Why are you so hyped to meet me? Who are you?" Rana asks with a little smile.