birthday brownies.

holy 30 chapters! please engage as you read! i love you x!

"Well, he doesn't actually like cakes, he prefers brownies."

Harry lets that reminder ring in his head as he stares at the beautiful stack of hazelnut brownies on the beautiful plate.

He places a transparent glass cover over the plate and gives a small smile at his perfect creation.

Now, nobody really knows that he spent his evening in the Blossom kitchen baking the perfect brownies.

Nearly perfect. He likes to think that his cookie-in-a-brownie is his perfect creation and that's true because of how fast it usually sells out in the shop.

Harry calmly gets out his phone and takes a picture of the brownies. He tucks his phone back into the pocket of his trousers and he's ready.

There's no plan for the evening because he wasn't exactly told about this evening.

The reminder of Baba preferring brownies to cakes came from an old conversation. Harry has a lot of feelings to address with Rana this evening but first, he must show up for the birthday dinner.

It was over tea at his mother's house and Paloma was chatting about hiring a private chef to cook up a storm for her husband. That's how he found out and that's how he got invited.

There's a strong feeling Rana doesn't know he's showing up tonight but he's honestly been avoiding her texts all day because he'd rather just vent in person.

Harry quickly checks his outfit in the mirror and he manages to smile again, getting used to admiring himself. It's a simple outfit perfect for him and the weather.

Ready to socialise with people, he picks up the plate of brownies and quietly walks out of the shop.

There's no point saying anything to Zayn who is busy with a customer's birthday celebration. Harry quietly walks down the quiet streets and realises that he's walking faster than usual.

He's not sure if it's excitement or anxiety or maybe anger. Sometimes it's hard to pin the emotions and even though he's supposedly out-grown an emotions chart, he might need one tonight.

With a deep breath, he approaches the home of his girlfriend's parents and steadies himself as he stands before the door.

Inside the house, Rana nurses a glass of wine as she laughs with Anne telling her a story about an annoyed man that she had to deal with at the centre.

A part of her is heavy with guilt as she looks around and she gently checks her phone, worried that he's not replying.

Walking past them is Paloma who is clearly the hostess with the mostest as they say. It's a handful of people around and she's filling glasses, and checking to be sure everyone is comfortable.

Rana hears a soft familiar knock and she frowns a little before placing her glass aside.

Excusing herself from Anne, she heads to the door and opens it to see him standing there with his plate of brownies.

Rana sharply exhales and immediately makes a face that screams guilt. Harry rolls his eyes as he steps in and she calmly shuts the door behind him.

"Hi girlfriend, also a liar," Harry says, looking around the foyer.

"Harry," Rana doesn't even know what to say. "Wait, I didn't lie to you."

"No, I'm not talking to you. I'm giving you the silent treatment," he scoffs with an annoyed frown.

"Please, don't do that. You know we talk about anything," she pouts a little.

"Okay, except this one," he says, walking into the living space.