poorly lovie.

please comment and engage as you read. Ily x

For the whole week, Harry has been planning the perfect day to celebrate their six months anniversary of being a couple. He has done enough research to know how to curate the perfect day for the love of his life and he thinks he's almost there.

However, things took a strange turn when he woke up yesterday with a dull pain on the left side of his head and his throat started feeling weirdly painful.

Zayn noticed how flushed he was looking and how he practically slowed down with putting the last touches to the arrangement.

Harry denied feeling poorly and he stayed determined to complete his little romantic project but by the evening, he started coughing and the sniffles kicked in.

A mild temperature made things worse and by evening, he literally couldn't stand up from his bed.

A warm bowl of comforting soup prepared by Pet and a good scolding from Zayn worked for some minutes before he got extremely uncomfortable with his sensory reaction to the flu.

A stuffy itchy nose and a scratchy throat isn't exactly great for someone as sensitive as he is.

After stimming for some time, he eventually fell asleep with Zayn's assistance and this morning he has woken up with the same level of fatigue.

Harry squints as everything is currently too bright and loud for his senses. The headache is still there and his joints now ache.

Today was supposed to be a perfect day for him and his Jammy, but he cannot even stand up from his bed right now.

Harry lets out a low groan and curls up on the bed, truly hating how he currently feels.

Determined and stubborn, he slowly sits up with another groan but realises it's hard to move.

As he ponders on what to do next, there's a gentle knock and Zayn steps in with a raised eyebrow.

"No. Stop trying to move," Zayn hurries over to him.

Harry tries to hurriedly move but everything hurts and he just lets out a coarse groan because he doesn't want to listen to whatever Zayn has to tell him about his health right now.

"Go....a-away," Harry sluggishly says and waves him off.

"You sound like an old man who hasn't spoken in decades," Zayn frowns, noting how terrible he sounds.

"It hurts," Harry rubs his sore throat and winces.

Zayn nods in understanding and gently sits down next to him. He slowly takes Harry's hand and tries to get him to stay in bed without a fight.

It's evident that Harry feels awful about potentially messing up his plan for today but his health comes first.

With care, Zayn brings his palm to Harry's forehead and winces at the warmth that hits him back.

"You have a fever," Zayn mutters.

"O-Obviously," Harry says with his sniffle.

"Why are you trying so hard to be annoying?" Zayn chuckles.

"Long...long day ahead, okay," Harry replies, looking away.

"Excuse you, you're staying in bed," Zayn quickly says.

"You...you cannot make meeeee," Harry frowns, trying to stand up.

As he tries to stand up, the vertigo hits and he staggers back to sit on the bed. Zayn quickly holds him and adjusts the pillow behind his back.