moody & baba.

The table is active as they eat and engage in conversation. Well everyone but Harry. He is simply enjoying his meal and observing them as they talk about everything.

If there's one thing he deeply loves, it's being involved in anything social. He is very okay with being a fly on the wall, as long as there's a wall.

He softly chews his meal and notices Rana is laughing at a story her mother just recapped for them.

Growing up, he didn't have a lot  of family dinners like this. His diet was weird as a child and he was extremely picky with the textures and flavours of food till he was a teenager.

By then, he was kind of independent of Anne and he spent time out with friends. These days, Anne still makes sure they have Sunday dinners together but it's never this chatty.

It feels nice to see something different and not feel left out at the same time.

Right now, Paloma is showing them a vintage album of photographs she took when a certain legendary band toured Europe and South America in the 90s.

She shows them the behind the scenes pictures with pride and he admires how she was able to live such a fun life.

Harry notices that Baba has looked at him about five times in a minute and he knows it's awkwardly silent as they're seated next to each other.

Rana has regularly checked in and he has assured her that he's fine. Deciding to be a little more social, he continues eating but thinks of a way to start a conversation.

"Baba," Harry calmly reaches to tap his arm.

Baba feels like he has finally been noticed by the most popular kid in school and he turns to him with a smile.

Paloma gestures at him to calm down and Rana shakes her head, already done with her father's reaction.

"Yes, Harry?" Baba replies.

Harry taps the album with his index finger and points at Baba.

"Were you in a band?" he asks, slowly chewing his food.

"God, no. I was actually in Uni around this time, and covering South Africa," Baba explains with a small smile.

"Like a journalist," Harry giggles a little, remembering the man actually worked as a Journalist.

"Yes, so I started out as a war journalist but my mother protested against that choice," the older man chuckles.

"No, War is bad. Did you like war?" Harry widens his eyes, concerned.

"No - uh, no," Baba pauses and thinks of how to go about this. "So, I told stories about war and what it does to lives."

"That's so cool," Harry nods in understanding.

"You know Harry loves football, tell him how you covered a world cup," Paloma supports him with a smile.

Baba chuckles in memory of being told to cover an event he knew nothing of because a colleague was involved in an emergency.

"So, I don't know anything about football," he starts and Harry pauses.

"Why?" Harry asks.

"I grew up as a nerd and honestly 90 minutes of watching people kick a ball is not my thing," he explains.

This makes Harry giggle at the honesty and he slowly turns to Rana.

"Your Baba is funny," he points out.

"I got it from him," she replies with a smile.

"No," Harry taps Baba again for his attention. "Rana is not as funny as you are."