dear mabel pt.2.

she's a short one, please engage, I love you xx

After gathering enough strength, Harry and Rana find themselves heading to Mabel's cottage.

Harry feels like his chest is on fire and he cannot explain the emotion he is dealing with.

He has experienced grief before but that affected his mother more than him.

It was ages ago and he wasn't as emotionally intelligent as he is right now. This feels like the world is spinning a little too fast.

Not his Mabel. Not his favourite oldie in this town. That's his gossip partner and one of the few people who treat him like a regular person.

Mabel wasn't your regular old woman. In fact, it's hard to describe her as old. The woman lived a full life and spent most of her youth working around the world.

It makes sense why she chose to settle down and retire in her quiet hometown. Mabel welcomed him with open arms and always made him feel normal.

It's great that he now has his own crew of friends and all, but that was a different bond.

Harry sniffles and looks away as they approach the house, and Rana notices he's growing emotional again.

"Hi Moody," she softly says, trying to stare at him.

"I miss her already," he croaks, tears in his eyes.

"I know you do, lovie," Rana fights her own tears.

"And I won't see her again," he repeats that painful line in disbelief.

Harry slows down and wipes away his tears.

It feels wild realising he will never see Mabel again and he just doesn't know what to think.

The idea of never seeing his loved ones is hitting him and he has horrible imaginations.

Slowly, he turns to Rana and quickly takes her hand in his. He cannot imagine never seeing her again.

It's worse when he thinks of his own mother, Zayn, Orange, Pet, Small Paloma, Baba and the list goes on.

It feels like his chest will explode from the intense emotions. Rana notices he's getting uncomfortable and she gently rubs soothing circles on his back.

"Hey, you're okay," she assures him.

"I don't feel okay," he replies.

"I'm sorry," Rana breathes out.

Silently, he nods and looks at the cottage before them. They calmly see the door halfway open because Akira has clearly been receiving visitors.

Harry slowly steps in and takes in the familiar scent of the home.

It always smells like Mabel has just finished baking. She always had something on the table and insisted on everyone having a snack.

He inhales the scent that hangs in the air before it leaves with the rest of Mabel and Akira greets them with a warm smile. She has cried her eyes out and they're currently puffy.

"You guys," she walks over to them and Rana embraces her.

"He wants to check on Miss Ruth," Rana smiles a little.

"Well, I think she knows what's happening because she hasn't moved from mum's favourite rocking chair," Akira sniffs back her tears.

Rana feels her heart break on hearing this and Harry slowly makes his way to the living space.

Ruth is comfortably seated on Mabel's chair and holding onto one of her scarves. This makes Harry smile for some reason and he happily goes over to the sweet cat.