Chapter 9

Jihyo is at work right now and she's really stressing out. Today is the day that she submitted her article and she knows that today will also be the day that her boss will approach her and tell her if it got approved or not. He reads things like these quite fast and he immediately makes his decision after reading it. Knowing that she didn't do a very good job, she is nervous as hell.

"You look really nervous." Jeongyeon noticed.

"Why didn't he approach me yet? He should have come by now." Jihyo is looking in the distance towards her boss's office where he is right now.

"Maybe he's still reading it?"

"You know very well that he reads it only once."

"Yes, but sometimes he asks other employees their opinions as well and I think that's what he's doing right now." Jeongyeon guessed.

"I'm going to freak out." Jihyo held her head as she sighed deeply. Shortly after her boss came out of his office and called her name. Jihyo stood up and followed him into his office.

"Sit down please." He gestured to the seat in front of him and Jihyo did as she was told.

"I read your article. From all your articles that I've read until now, this was the best one."

"Really?" Jihyo raised her eyebrows.

"Yes. It was well written and quite interesting." Hearing this put a smile on her face. This means that she has a chance of getting promoted.

"Thank you very much."

"But unfortunately I can't approve it."

"W-what?" There she thought that maybe she had a chance. "Why?"

"It's not good enough. There's nothing scandalous about it." He shook his head.

"But I wrote all I found."

"Then you should have looked better." 

"You only gave me two weeks. I did all I can." Jihyo is getting a bit frustrated at this point.

"Then what you can do is limited, Jihyo-ssi. This is not an article that we can publish."

"You gave me the hardest task out of all the employees and you're expecting me to write an amazing article in that short amount of time?"

"It was not that hard. You could have pulled it off." He stated.

"Is that why I overheard you saying that literally no journalist can find something on that politician?"

"You must have heard wrong."

"No, I heard it very clearly. You literally said yourself that it's a hard thing to do yet you're not giving me a fair chance! You never do!" Jihyo raised her voice.

"Don't you raise your voice at me." He warned.

"I just want you to give me a fair chance. Mr. Sin got two months for an easy ass article while I get two weeks for something this difficult, it's just not fair."

"I didn't give you two weeks because I wanted to. I gave you two weeks because that's the only time we have."

"Just give me another two weeks, I promise I'll come back with an amazing article." Jihyo is not the kind to beg, but here she is begging for more time. She doesn't even care if her article gets approved at this point. She just wants a fair shot just like all the other employees.

"I'm sorry, I can't give it to you."

"You told me that you wouldn't treat me any differently than the other employees after what happened but that's exactly what you're doing right now."