Chapter 18

"I really want to kill you both right now." Nayeon told her sister and sister-in-law. The two were out for about half an hour and they came back without milk, meaning that they clearly lied about what they were going to do. Luckily the moment the two came back, Jeongyeon left.

"Don't kill me, it was Jihyo's idea." Y/N put her hands up in defence.

"Yah! You're the reason we were out for so long!" Jihyo hit her arm.

"Don't you ever do that again. It was really awkward." Nayeon warned them.

"Oh c'mon. Jeongyeon is nice, we thought you two could get along." Jihyo argumented.

"You thought that." Y/N mumbled underneath her breath and she received another hit on the arm. 

"She's not nice at all. Besides you two know very well that I have a hard time getting to know someone why would you try to push me to do that?" 

"That's exactly what I said." Y/N informed with Jihyo glaring at her.

"She's a good friend of ours and we thought you two could become friends as well. I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable, I won't do it anymore." 

"You better don't. I don't need friends. I have you, mom, uncle, Chaeyoung and the kids. I don't need anyone else, understood?" 

"Yes." Both Y/N and Jihyo answered looking down. They've tried many times to introduce Nayeon to new people, but she always acts cold towards them. She's not interested in having friends and definitely not a lover. All she cares about is her family and work. 

"I'm going home now. Call me if you need me to watch the kids or something." Nayeon patted Y/N's arm and left the place.

------------------------------------

The next day Y/N took Yewon to school because Jihyo had to leave for work early. However Jihyo still needs to talk to Ms. Kim about what's going on in her class so she decided to go pick Yewon up since Y/N is working late today anyways.

When she was on her way to Yewon's school, she had a weird feeling in her stomach. As if something bad is going to happen. She suddenly felt anxious while driving. She decided to shrug it off and just continued to drive to the school. When she finally arrived she parked her car and went inside to go to Yewon's class, but when she saw the scene in front of her, she finally understood why she was feeling so anxious all of a sudden.

Yewon was crying sitting on a chair while Ms. Kim was trying to comfort her. Jihyo immediately ran towards her daughter and took her into a tight hug.

"Yewon-ah, what happened? Why are you crying?" She asked but the little girl just continued to cry.

"Ms. Kim?" Jihyo asked the woman who was standing next to her with a worried look. Ms. Kim didn't answer but she did point at something with her eyes. Jihyo followed the teacher's eyes, and there she saw Hangyeol's mom scolding her son. 

"What did that woman do to you, Yewon-ah? Tell me, I will fix it."

"She said t-that I-I'm the daughter of the d-devil." The girl tried to explain sobbing in between her words. "T-that I need to go to hell and that a-all of us will d-die." 

Hearing that Jihyo felt immense anger build inside of her. She got up and asked Ms. Kim to watch Yewon for a bit as she approached Hangyeol's mom.

"Do you think this is normal? You're at school grounds for God's sake, how could you tell a little girl that she's the daughter of the devil and will go to hell?" 

"I'm just telling her the truth. She should know who she really is." The woman chuckled. Seems like she said some hurtful things to Hangyeol as well since he was sitting there crying as well.