Chapter 38

About two months have passed since Nayeon and Jeongyeon's wedding. The couple moved in together and they seem to be very happy. As for Y/N and Jihyo things are kind of starting to get rough. Jihyo promised she would do her best do change but she hasn't. She was doing fine for about a month. She spend time with her wife and her kids and she went on less trips than before. However that changed. She's going back to her old habits. She started to go on more trips again and neglecting her family. This time everyone around them thought that Jihyo was finally changing but once again the woman proved them wrong. It seems like Jihyo can only do her best for a maximum of one month after that she goes back to how she wants things to be.

Her drinking habits also have worsened. She comes home drunk at least three times in a week. Y/N is starting to get sick of the smell and all the calls she gets from bartenders to pick her up. Y/N did talk to her wife about this but just like always, Jihyo keeps assuring her that she will change. Right now Y/N has absolutely no trust in Jihyo.

As for Y/N's mother, the woman's vision is getting quite bad. She can still see a bit but her vision is blurry. The doctor told them that she has a maximum of one month before she loses 90% of her vision. After that she'll barely be able to see anything. All three sisters are trying to spend as much time with their mother as possible. Y/N also brings the kids to her every chance she gets because after this her mother won't be able to see them. To sum it all up, Y/N has lots of things on her mind. While trying to help her wife to change, she's also trying to be there for her mom. Since Jihyo isn't around that much, she also has to take care of her kids by herself. At this point, she barely has any time for herself.

Y/N went to work at the usual time today. When she walked in, Mina approached her with a smile on her face.

"What's that smile on your face?" The manager asked.

"Isn't it normal for me to smile?"

"Not really, you usually have a blank expression." Y/N chuckled.

"Hey, that's not true. I smile pretty often."

"You only smile when you're either happy or when you're super shy and in that case you smile because you're awkward. Since you and I are not awkward, you must be happy about something."

"You know me pretty well." Mina furrowed her eyebrows. "My brother just called me and told me that he'll be visiting me tomorrow. I haven't seen him in like six months so I'm happy to finally see him."

"Oh that's great news. I can't even remember the last time I saw him. It's been ages."

"Yeah, he doesn't come to Seoul that often anymore." Mina looked down and the two continued to talk for a few minutes until suddenly chaos broke down in the company. Lots of ambulances parked in front fo the building and lots of doctors and nurses rushed inside.

"What's going on?" Mina questioned.

"I have no idea. I think someone is hurt." Y/N worried as she looked at the running people in front of her. Out of curiosity and worry, she ran after those people.

"Y/N! Wait for me!" Mina ran after her as well. They ran up the stairs until they finally reached the place where everyone was gathered. There they saw two doctors pulling someone who's unconscious  on a bed. When Y/N and Mina walked closer to the scene, they saw that that person is Mr. Minatozaki.

"What's going on?" Y/N asked an employee.

"I don't know, he suddenly fell down."

"Dad? Dad?" Sana ran into the scene as well. "Dad! Wake up dad!" She approached him.

"Mam, please let go. We need to take him to the hospital." One of the doctors told her.

"Then what the fuck are you waiting for? Get him to the hospital! Now!" Sana demanded and the doctors did as they were told. Y/N and Mina followed them outside. Mr. Minatozaki was put in the ambulance where Sana joined him.