Epilogue

Eight years later

Eight years have passed and everything has been going well for the couple. Both Y/N and Jihyo are in their forties now and their kids gave grown up to be adults. Yunseo is almost 18 while Yewon is already 21. The family had some ups and downs especially when the kids were in puberty but in the end everything fell into it's place and they managed to be a happy family.

The company that Y/N and Jihyo set up is doing very well. The two women are the CEO's of the company and they have around 20 employees working for them. Jihyo writes articles and guides the younger employees in journalism while Y/N manages everything financially.

As for the kids, Yewon is a college student and her major is business. She really admires Y/N and wants to work in the same field as her. Right now she's studying and working at her parent's company at the same time. She keeps approaching Y/N to ask her questions on how to handle a business which makes Y/N really happy. When Yewon was a kid, her parents never would have expected for Yewon to be interested in business.

When Yewon was around 17 years old, the couple did have a hard time with her. There was a point where she started drinking and partying a lot because of her boyfriend. The boyfriend was pretty much bad news but luckily Y/N and Jihyo managed to keep her on the right path and that phase didn't last long. After a while of partying Yewon noticed herself that she couldn't go on like this so after she got into college she changed and broke up with that guy. 

As for Yunseo he's in his last year of high school now and unlike Yewon, he's actually interested in Jihyo's field of work. He wants to study journalism. He keeps showing interest and asks Jihyo many questions about it as well. Sometimes he just shows up at the company to look around and he seems very interested in anything that has to do with media. Both Y/N and Jihyo are very happy that their kids show interest in their company. Of course they would have supported them if they wanted to pursue another path, but this way they can help them out much more because they both have lots of knowledge about it. 

Unfortunately the past eight years haven't been always colorful. About a year ago Y/N's mother passed away. Her health kept worsening and both her daughters and daughters-in-law took care of her very well however they couldn't do anything more about it. She eventually had a heart attack and passed away which left the entire family broken. Even though a year has passed, Y/N still isn't over it. Now that her mother is gone she feels like a huge piece of her is missing. 

"You really miss her, don't you?" Nayeon asked when she saw Y/N looking at a picture of her mother. Nayeon came to visit Y/N in her office today. 

"How come it still hurts equally as much as a year ago when she just passed away? Isn't this pain supposed to ease?"

"I don't think it will ever get eased." Nayeon shook her head. "We all lost a huge part of ourselves when we lost her. It'll take a long time to go back to ourselves. I'm especially worried about Chaeyoung. You and I seem to be doing just fine, but she's... she's not doing well Y/N."

"I've noticed. She's barely talking to me." Y/N sighed. Ms. Lee's passing came the hardest to Chaeyoung who spend the most time with her mother when she was alive since they lived together. After she passed away they decided to close down the restaurant. Uncle got married a few years ago to a nice women, so he moved out back then and started to work somewhere else. So the restaurant was completely under Chaeyoung and her mother. But after Ms. Lee passed away, Chaeyoung couldn't continue to work somewhere that reminded her of her mother so much so she asked her sisters wether they could close it down so they did. 

"I heard Mina went to visit her."

"Oh she did?" After Mina got married she didn't contact Y/N and Jihyo that much since she was busy with her marriage and work. Mina also has a five year old daughter now but eventually that marriage didn't work out and she got divorced two years ago. When Ms. Lee passed away, Mina came to visit the Lee family and showed her deepest condolences. That's when she noticed how bad Chaeyoung was doing.