Chapter 42

Another week has passed and Jihyo hasn't stopped thinking about her marriage and how it's going to evolve in the future. Mrs. Lee's words really made her realise that she took everything for granted and blamed Y/N for things that she shouldn't have. After thinking for a really long time, she finally came to a conclusion.

"Jihyo? What are you doing here?" Y/N asked when she opened the front door. It's already quite late.

"It's still my home as well isn't it?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course."

"I just wanted to talk to you, can I?"

"Come in." Y/N widened the door and Jihyo entered. The two sat down at the kitchen table and Y/N waited for Jihyo to speak up.

"So?" Y/N asked when Jihyo just kept silent.

"I though about what you said. I think we should just do it." 

"Do what?" Y/N furrowed her eyebrows.

"We should get the divorce. I don't want to be a burden to you and my kids anymore. You already did so much for me and the only thing I do is make you sad so you were right. Our marriage is beyond broken and it's all my fault. The least I can do to fix it is to let you go." Yes, Mrs. Lee told her to fight for her marriage but in all honesty Jihyo doesn't have what it takes to do that. She'll only make everything worse. Now that the kids and Y/N are still okay with her, she should put an end to it instead of continuing and making them hate her.

"R-really?" Y/N didn't expect this. She thought Jihyo would put up a fight and wouldn't want to get a divorce, but here she is.

"Yeah, really. If you get the papers ready, I'll sign them."

"O-okay, I'll let you know when they're ready." Y/N nodded and a silence followed afterwards.

"I should just go then." Jihyo stood up and so did Y/N. They looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds until Jihyo pulled her lover into a hug. Y/N froze at first but eventually hugged her back.

"I'm sorry, I know this is all my fault." Jihyo whispered and only hugged Y/N tighter, knowing that it will be her last time. When they pulled away from the hug, Jihyo crashed her lips onto Y/N's to which Y/N luckily responded. They kissed slowly yet passionately as if it is the last time. Y/N pulled her closer by her waist and deepened the kiss. She hates to let Jihyo go like this, but she doesn't have a choice. It just has come to that point.

Not long after they both pulled away and looked at each other one last time.

"I hope you know that I never stopped loving you." Jihyo looked down. "I will always love you, Y/N."

"I will always love you too, Jihyo." They're both glad that they can separate like this. It would've been way worse if one of them kept protesting.

"Can I see the kids before I leave?"

"Go ahead." Y/N nodded and Jihyo went to their bedrooms. When Yunseo saw her he immediately hugged her since he missed her a lot while Yewon was just disappointed that she wasn't around for two weeks. 

After about half an hour later Jihyo came back to the living room.

"You're done?" Y/N questioned.

"Yeah." Jihyo nodded. "Will you still allow me to see them? I know I haven't been a good mother to them in the past two years but I promise that I'll be a good mother just like how I was before. Just... please don't separate me from them."

"i won't Jihyo. They're still your kids as well, you deserve to see them and build up a relationship with them. We'll talk about all of that when the time is ready but just know that you can see the kids anytime you want even when we're divorced."