Chapter 44

"Kids, I was thinking and I decided to not work in the weekends anymore so I can spend time with you two." Jihyo revealed. "If you're okay with it you can stay with me every weekend from now on." 

"So what? We'll live with mom for five days and with you for two days?" Yewon furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah, only if you're okay with that of course. I already stopped working in the weekends so it's totally up to you."

"It's fine by me." Yunseo answered.

"I can't believe that we're one of those kids now who have to travel back and forth from one parent to another. Was it that hard to stay together?" Yewon replied harshly.

"Yewon-ah, we already talked about this."

"I know you weren't happy during the last two years of your marriage but none of you look happy now either. So what is this divorce even for?"

"We're not happy now but we will be once this is all over. Now is just a hard time for all of us." Jihyo patted the girl's back.

"I know I'm not the only one that thinks that you can fix this. Don't you want to fix this either mom?" 

"I do but what can I do, Yewon-ah? The damage is already done."

"Do you remember what you told me when I got sad because I just couldn't learn how to ride a bike? I kept failing and eventually gave up on learning but then you told me that I shouldn't give up easily. That giving up is for the weak and that I need to put 100% of my effort in it before giving up and by miracle I actually started to ride a bike. You know the same thing goes for you. You shouldn't give up before giving it your 100%. I know we can return to how we were. We were a happy family once. I know that mom will change her mind if you do your best to show her that you can change." There goes Yewon again, talking like she's 30 years old. It's really hard to believe that she's 12 at times.

"Are you ready, Yunseo-yah? I should take you back home, your mom is probably waiting for you." Jihyo decided to ignore what Yewon said because otherwise she would have broke down in front of the kids and she doesn't want them to see how hard of a time she's having.

She took the kids back home and was hoping to talk to Y/N but again Bona was there. Is this woman here all the time? Did she move in or something? How come every time Jihyo comes here, Bona is present? It's really annoying the shit out of her.

"Kids did you have fun?" Y/N asked as she hugged both of them.

"Yeah, we had fun!" Yunseo smiled and both kids went to hug Bona as well which broke Jihyo's heart. What if she gets replaced by Bona? She can't let Bona take everything that's hers. She's already taken Jihyo's home, her wife and now she's taking her kids as well. She needs to do something in order to stop this.

"I talked to the kids and we agreed that they will spend every weekend at my place if that's okay for you. I stopped working in the weekends so I have enough time. They can stay with you during the week. Only if that's okay or you." Jihyo kept repeating the last sentence. She doesn't want to make it seem that she's taking the kids away from Y/N.

"If they agree with it, then that's fine for me." Y/N can handle being apart from the kids for two days. After all Jihyo is their mother as well. The kids are allowed to spend time with them.

"Okay, thank you."

"What made you decide to stop working in the weekends?" Y/N questioned finding it weird that Jihyo actually did this. She knows how Jihyo prefers to work as much as she can.

"I want to spend time with the kids. I need to make up for all the time I lost with them." Y/N has to admit that the fact that Jihyo did this, did touch her heart. She just hopes that Jihyo can do this for a long time.