Chapter 36

After the dinner Y/N joined her mom in her bedroom to take her medicins while all the others were cleaning up.

"Since when do you have to take so many?"

"What do you mean? It's the same amount as always." The woman answered but Y/N knows exactly how much medicine her mom normally has to take and this is definitely more than that. She can't ask her mom because the woman won't tell her what's actually going on. Nayeon probably knows but she's the type to keep bad news to herself. That's why Y/N is planning on seeing her mother's doctor to see if there's something unusual going on.

"I heard you met Bona again." The woman stated.

"Oh yeah I did. I went to her shop to buy some things for the wedding."

"I'm glad you two met again. You were really close it was sad to see you drift apart."

"I know. I'm actually glad that I met her again as well." Y/N admitted.

"I still wonder what it would have been like if you hadn't met Jihyo."

"Mom don't even start on that. Everything is in the past."

"You realise that your life would have been way easier with her right?"

"There's no guarantee that it would have been easier. It could have been worse as well." The manager sighed. Truth is Ms. Lee never approved of Y/N's relationships. She didn't approve her daughter's relationship with Seulgi because of the girl's family. Seulgi's family was rich and they hated Y/N for being gay. Ms. Lee didn't want them to hurt Y/N or to look down on her that's why she didn't want her to date Seulgi although the girl was very nice. It was kind of the same with Jihyo. Truth be told Ms. Lee didn't like Jihyo at all. Jihyo was quite rebellious as a teenager, the exact opposite of Y/N. It was clear that she had Y/N wrapped around her finger and made her do whatever she wanted her to do. Her family also kept looking down on Y/N and didn't want Jihyo to be with her. Ms. Lee had enough reasons to dissaprove of the relationship.

Ms. Lee actually wanted Y/N to end up with Bona. The two got along very well and when they were teenagers, Ms. Lee could sense that there was more going on than just a friendship. Especially from Bona's side. So Ms. Lee suggested Y/N to make a move on Bona, but Y/N said that she won't because she doesn't see Bona that way. She sees Bona as one of her sisters. Besides she was already gaining feelings for Jihyo back then.

Ms. Lee tried her best to set her up with Bona and Bona was actually working along without Y/N knowing. However that set up failed because Y/N started to date Jihyo. And a while later Bona moved away anyways so maybe it would have failed without Jihyo as well. Although Ms. Lee didn't approve of Jihyo, she learned to accept them. She saw how much the two loved each other and when Jihyo gave up her family for Y/N, Ms. Lee saw how serious Jihyo was with Y/N and that made a turn in her head. Who is she to stand in between them when they truly love each other? So Ms. Lee started to support them fully. She had their backs at all costs and treated Jihyo as her daughter.

Even though she loves Jihyo now and everything turned out well for the couple, Ms. Lee can't help but think it would have been better if her daughter ended up with Bona. Bona's family love Y/N and they actually wanted the two together as well. They would have gotten support from both sides of the family and they wouldn't havr to deal with homophobic family members. Besides seeing how Jihyo acts now, it's clear that she's struggling with having no more family.

"You should make it up with her. You suddenly stopped contacting her and Bona was pretty hurt by that."

"I know. I'm going to apologise to her soon. It's my fault we lost contact." Y/N nodded.

"For your information, Bona was truly interested in you back then. I know it doesn't matter right now. You're married, you have kids and 15 years have passed and God I love the family that you have created but I just want you to face the reason why you actually stopped contacting her. It's time for you to be honest with yourself because I know for a fact, Bona's feelings weren't one sided."