Chapter 16

When Y/N got home, Jihyo was already home with the kids. Since Y/N is quite late today, Jihyo already had dinner with the kids before her wife came. When Y/N walked in, Jihyo could already sense that Y/N is not in a good mood and she knows that she and Sana are the main reason for that.  

"Where are the kids?" Y/N asked when she walked in. 

"They're playing in their room. Did you have dinner?"

"Yeah, I went do dinner with some co-workers." Y/N answered. "I'm gonna take a shower." She informed and went to the bathroom.

After about half an hour Jihyo tucked the kids in bed and went to watch some tv in the living room. After about 10 minutes Y/N came and sat down next to her.

"You're mad at me, aren't you?" Jihyo questioned already knowing the answer.

"I'm not mad."

"I know you too well so lying won't work. Just admit that you're mad." Something about Y/N that's quite bothering is that she never admits if she's hurt or mad. She always keeps it to herself and Jihyo has to ask her multiple times if something's wrong before Y/N will tell her.

"Fine, I'm mad. What you did today was not okay."

"I know but I couldn't help it. She just really gets under my skin." Jihyo sighed.

"She gets under my skin as well, yet I manage to control myself. You know how she is, are you still not used to it?" Y/N crossed her arms looking at the tv. 

"I'm sorry but I shouldn't get used to people like her. She's not doing something that I should get used to, and neither do you."

"I don't have another choice. I could get fired because of her. I have no choice but to keep quiet." Y/N now looked at her.

"Even if your job wasn't in danger, you still would keep quiet because it's what you always do." Jihyo said out of the blue. 

"Is it fun for you to make me feel bad about myself? Do you always have to remind me that I'm quiet when it comes to things like these?" Y/N furrowed her eyebrows. She gets that she has bad characteristics and that it can bother Jihyo at times but she doesn't like it when her wife keeps mentioning them. It makes her feel bad and insecure about herself. 

"No, no, I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that." Jihyo approached her and held one of her hands. "I'm just worried that you're letting her walk over you at work just because she's your bosses daughter."

"Don't worry, I might not make her mad like you do but I don't keep quiet either. I'm handling it well on my own and she hasn't said anything homophobic to me in a while. You're the one that actually makes her say things like that by bringing up those rumors. That was very wrong of you."

"I just find it very odd how she's been in a gay relationship herself but hates people who are in one as well." Jihyo shared her thoughts.

"Maybe she had a traumatic experience. I'm sure there's something else behind all of this."

"What happened after I left?"

"I apologised to her." The older woman sighed. She didn't want to do it but she had to.

"You apologised to her?" Jihyo raised her eyebrows." What for exactly? You didn't do anything wrong. She's the one that fucking started and you apologised??" Jihyo raised her voice a bit. She can't believe that Y/N apologised for something like this.

"I had to."

"You always say that you have to but no you don't, Y/N. It's time that you try to stand up for yourself for once. How long are you going to let her walk over you like this? Until she stops? Believe me she's not going to stop anytime soon." Jihyo is growing very annoyed by this situation.