Chapter 20

The next day Y/N wanted to drop off Yewon at school but Yewon didn't want to go. She's scared and refuses to go to that school again. She doesn't want that woman to yell to her again and tell her some hurtful things. Both Y/N and Jihyo didn't know what to do. Yewon seemed fine yesterday when they came back home yet today she's refusing to go to school.

"What are we going to do?"

"Just take her to school. She can't be this weak, she needs to stand up for herself." Jihyo stated.

"She's just a kid. She's scared."

"Is she going to back out every time she's scared? We need to teach her to stand up for herself and defend herself instead of crying."

"There's enough time to teach her that. She's only five for God's sake." Y/N can't believe Jihyo is talking like this right now. 

"Then what do you say we should do?"

"I don't know but I don't think it's a good idea to let her go to school. I can't bring her to my mom either then she will find out and cause an entire scene. Nayeon unnie is working so Chaeyoung is my last option." Y/N sighed knowing that Chaeyoung is probably not even awake right now.

"If you hadn't stood in my way when I was trying to send Yewon to self defence classes, she wouldn't be this scared right now." Jihyo wanted to send Yewon to self defence classes last year however Y/N stopped her because she was only four at the time. She thought it was too early for her to go there. And was also worried that Yewon might use what she learned in situations where it shouldn't be used.

"You're right. I was wrong." Y/N said the words that Jihyo wants to hear. It's weird that Jihyo is quick to blame Y/N for everything that is happening with Yewon lately. Jihyo never did that before so Y/N doesn't really know how to react to all of this. "I'll take Yunseo to my mom and call Chaeyoung to ask her to take care of Yewon for the day." 

"Fine. I'll try to leave work early so I can pick them up. I'll also call the school to let them know." Jihyo informed and with that they left.

Y/N dropped Yunseo at her mom's and asked about Chaeyoung's whereabouts. For the first time ever Chaeyoung is awake however she's not home and Mrs. Lee has no idea where the girl is. Y/N went back to the car where Yewon was waiting for her, and called Chaeyoung. She called her about 15 times but Chaeyoung is just not picking up. Both Mina and Jeongyeon are working as well, so there's no one else Y/N could go to. She just really can't leave Yewon with her mom and uncle. Her mother's health is already not doing well and if she finds out about this, it might harm her.

"I guess I have no choice but to take you to work with me." Y/N sighed as she told Yewon and drove to MinSan. Of course she received lots of weird looks when she walked into the company with a kid but Y/N decided to not pay attention to that and immediately went to her office.

Mina saw the scene happening and followed Y/N to her office.

"What's going on?" Mina knows that something bad must have happened if Y/N has taken Yewon with her to work. Y/N is really professional so something like this is only done in emergencies.

"Let's just say that I can't leave her anywhere. She's going to stay here for a few hours. Don't worry, we won't leave my office so other employees won't see us."

"You really couldn't find someone to babysit?"

"No, it was last minute really. Chaeyoung is my only option but she's not answering." Y/N sighed in annoyance. Chaeyoung is never there when she needs her. 

"Okay, well if you need me give me a call." Mina smiled and left the office. Y/N just gave her laptop to Yewon and Yewon sat there watching some cartoons. Luckily she's a calm and quiet kid so she's not making any noise and letting her mother work in silence.