Chapter fouteen(Amera)

Ending things with Drew was harder than I thought it will be. After the night in my office a month ago I called Mr holding and asked him for a week off, since I been here for five months I hadn't taken any time off, he was so kind to me that he told me I should take the month of and  go and explore the city,of course he didn't know I was dealing with a broken heart, so I told  him ok I will,but I just couldn't deal with going anyway.

The first week was very hard for me,I didn't want to get out of bed, and the tears just won't stop falling,but at the end of the week I decided that I didn't leave my home and family, for another man to become my everything again so I pick up myself ,watch in the mirror and decided that I will overcome this heartbreak and pain and the first step is to make my home mine.

So for the two weeks I have been redecorating the house,Layla have Drew,I didn't want to walk in each room and see her decorations and the remainder that she has everything I could never have so I redecorate the house making it my home.

Unfortunately the week before my month ended, they called me back to work because they needed my input on some project,so I have been back a week now and things has been different with Drew and  I,we don't interact with each other,but we do see each other at the hall,or in the lunch room and sometimes even pass each other as we are walking to the office.

Everytime I see him my heart pains and there's this longing for him like I'm missing part of my limbs, then there's the looks we give each other like we can't stand to be apart from each other,every time its harder to look away and it's like a contest who will look away first,I'm always the one to look away because I'm afraid of what will happen if I don't.

And the other thing is Layla keep coming every lunch time to visit him,with that long jacket on,god only knows what under that jacket,and she always  come to say hello before she leaves, its like she's knows about us and she's taunting me that he belongs to her, stabbing the knife deeper in my heart.

We are at a meeting in the office at the moment.

"Ok everything will be online and ready for sale at the end of the week." Mason says

"Make sure the prices are on the  right products." Drew says

"Everyone that's all from now,any questions?' Drew says.

All of us answers" No."

"Well that's it then. Or and don't forget the gala is this Saturday at eight o'clock everyone needed to be there because important people in the business are going to be there and they will have questions in each one of your department." Jason says.

I really don't want to be there, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the night and talk to people,it's four days from now and I'm so nervous, how I'm going to be the night of the gala,all these thoughts are in my mind as I reach the door hitting hard muscles,looking up to see Drew staring down at me.

As we continue to stare at each other getting lost into these feelings of ours,he holds my arms and says "Are you ok Amera!" Breaking the spell we were in.

"Yes I'm find."

"I know you and I know you are worried about Saturday night, but everything is going to be ok,work is going to be the topic of the night and you can talk work so don't stress out ok.

" Ok I will try not too. "

"What time do you want the driver to pick you up."

"Oh Mason is going to pick me up."

"Mason." He says as he watches me.

"What are you and Mason a thing now."

"What."