Chapter Thirty Four (Drew)

I didn't want to go in this trip,and pretend were this happy couple, which we wasn't, the past month, we have been cordial to each other,but both of us obviously knows our marriage is over, Layla is yet to acknowledge it,so here we are going to our anniversary trip the kids had plan.

Arriving at the hotel, I open my door going around and opening Layla's door as well,taking a view of the hotel,it looks the same yet there's differences in the design,and additional modern features,stepping into the lobby, it more glamorous than twenty years ago.

"Hello good day,we have a reservation, for Hawke?"

"Yes! Mr and Mrs Hawke,you had your honeymoon, right here twenty years ago?"

"Yes! Wow! It's amazing to have couple, that has been married for such a long time,and to be back were you had your honeymoon, that's fantastic, You'll must be very much inlove?" Layla and I just look at the reception and smile awkwardly.

"Can you show us to our room, please?"

"Yes,the bellboy  will show you in a second, Your kids is the ones who did the booking, right?"

"Yes!"

"They plan your stay  and want your reservation will be,like dinner,lunch and line up of things for you ."

"James,Will you show our guest to room 210 please?"

"Yes,Ma'am, sir if you will follow me please?" He usher us to our room,setting foot into the room, we noticed it's the exact room we stayed in for our honeymoon,Layla and I turn to each other the same time,and she looks at me with  such a  sad smile,God how did we get here?

"It's the same  Drew."

"Yes! I know."

"Do you want to change it?"

"No Layla ." The kids plan this, the least I could do to show them how much they means to me,is treat her more with the love she needs at the moment, this is our anniversary, and we have been together for half our lives,and I know her heart is breaking at the moment, she deserves to be treated with love,because part of my heart will always love her,so I'm going to put everything aside and give her this weekend, it's hers.

After we enter the bedroom, there's rose petal spread all over the bed,Layla sit and stare at it,while I get settled in,after we relax and watch a movie together, which we actually laughed and talk during the movie,then we went to dinner,it was nice and it did bring back memories of our honeymoon,we talk and laugh and enjoy each other company, we didn't bring up my cheating,Amera or our separation.

Returning to our room,she shower,and then I lay on the sofa while she lay on the bed watching a movie,getting ready for bed while I'm making up the couch she speaks.

"Drew,I know we said no,gift because it wouldn't feel right,but could I ask you for something?"

"What do you want Layla?" Asking her with softness in my voice.

"Will you hug me tonight, could I sleep in you arms?"

"Layla!"

"Please Drew, it's our anniversary, please don't make me sleep alone tonight." How could I  tell her no tonight,I can't, she raises the blanket, with me laying down and her laying on my side with her head on my chest.

"Thank you." Lying on the bed, both of us remain quiet,with her running her finger  up and down my chest,then her breathing slows,her finger still and I know she's fallen asleep.