Chapter twenty- one (Drew)

The last day in our trip I spend the day with Amera site seeing then I took her to a romantic dinner, at a small and cozy restaurant, I didn't feel as guilty as the first or second time, we spent the night together, it felt like we belong in each other arms at night, I was ready to walk away from my marriage for good.

But since we been back two week ago, Amera has been distance, the first week we didn't get to spent anytime together because I had my other business to deal with,but this past week,she call and asked for her to work at home said she wasn't feeling well,when I told her I was going over,she'd told me don't before I catches anything and give it to Layla and the kids,the whole week she has been preventing me for going over to her house,but I done waiting, I'm going there and we are going to talk.

Opening her front door with my keys and enter going to her office first, when I don't find her there,I hike up the stairs and go to her room opening the door,with her at her desk in the corner of the room standing there and watching her working on the computer,as she raises her head and spots me,I look at the shock on her face seeing me at door.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I Don't answer as I walk and take a seat at the edge of desk staring at her.

"Drew! Are you ok? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You look find to me,though you was sick and didn't want me to come over before I caught it from you? But you look find to me?"

"I'm feeling better."

"You lying to me now,this is want our relationship has come to."

"Is this a relationship, or an affair?"

"What's that supposed to means Amera?"

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to make sure the woman I love is feeling well."

"Well I'm feeling better."

"Since you are feeling well, we have a serious conversation to continue, you know the one we started in the car."

"I don't think now is a good time." She says as she gets up from her chair and goes to walk away,grabbing her hand I pull her around to me.

"Now is the perfect time."

"Ok when are you ending your marriage and telling Layla about us?"

"I told you after,Liam's graduation."

"Do you love me?"

"Where is all this coming from."

"Answer my question Drew,do you love me?"

"Yes Amera, you know I love you,I'm destroying my whole family for you,that how much love I have for you." Getting angry now I shouts at her,where, are all these questions coming from,this is not the Amera I felt in love with.

"Take my hand let us go and tell Layla about us and end these lies,betrayal, secrets ,everything and lets be together without anything holding us back." Laying out her hand for I to take.

"You know I can't do this now  Amera, I will be hurting everyone and my kids, this is Liam's last few months at his high school I can't take that away from him." Pleading with her.

"I think we should end things between us."

"What! Why because I can't confess to my family at this moment? This is not like you?"

"I can't do this anymore Drew,the hiding and sneaking around all these secrets,I didn't leave my life back home to be dealing with this here,and you say after Liam graduation but are you sure,or are something else going to come up,or are you going to have second thoughts, like you did a month ago when you was about to end things with us,if you hadn't seen Jason so close to me and gotten jealous at Mason birthday, we would have be over already."

"I wasn't going to......."

"Don't stand there and lie to me Drew,you are  better than that."

"You think this is easy for me,one hand I have you who I keep falling more inlove with ,and the other I have a family who I have spend the last twenty years with,if you was in my position ,what would you have done."

"That's why I'm ending things it will be much more easier for you,because if you leave your family and your kids get to find out we are having an affair you might lost them and they might stop talking to you,especially Liam he's older and a son is always loyal to their mom,so you have to be prepared to lose him from your life,are you prepared to lost you kids."

"Look Drew it was fun,but I don't think I'm ready for anything serious at this point in my life it's been just a couple of months that I left an abusive relationship which I was in for years,so I  think I should just take sometime for myself and get my life back on track.

" It was fun, are you serious right now, after all we been through. " Taking my fingers and running it through her hair tugging it at the  back  raising her head looking into her eyes,I growl to her.

"Listen to me and listen to me very carefully, you belong to me,you are mine,and you are not ending what we have,it's the most amazing beautiful ,consuming feeling that love can be and I'm not ending anything.

" Stop it Drew,have you gone mad,?"

"Yes I have gone mad,mad inlove with you,you belong to me,you are mine."

"I'm no ones, I left one man who made me his property, I'm not going to become another man's property ever again do you here me Drew." she say as she comes out of my grasp  and shout to me making me realize that I'm acting just as  her husband did when she was with him.

Wrapping my hand around her from behind ,I whisper to her."I'm sorry Amera you are no-one property, whatever you want I will abide for you.

"Drew I want to end things with us."

"Why Amera? Give me a reason my ? You owned my heart it bleed only for you,how am I to live without you."

"Drew this is what I want,I need this" She asking me this with agony in her voice,I give in to her.

"Ok" letting go of her,I walk to the door,not turning back to look at her,I stop at the door and acknowledge my thoughts to her.

"Amera giving you what you what,not because I love you,or because you belong to me,because trust me,you are mine,but I ending things to show you ever thought you are mine,I can still let you go if that's what make you happy because your happiness means the world to me,and  I'm not like him to take your happiness away." Leaving her standing there knowing that I'm leaving my happiness with her.