James Potter- What I Did To You Part 2

I am back! I have several chapters that will be going up in the next few days and hopefully I will continue posting regularly:)) with that being said I hope you enjoyyyyy xoxo

James felt the world stop spinning, the question of if what he had witnessed was real swarmed within his head. Numb with emotion, he didn't acknowledge the select seventh years making their speeches, performing their tricks, giving their all to one last moment of childhood innocence.

"And now," said Dumbledore, "A few words of encouragement from our head boy and head girl: James Potter and Lily Evans."

As though he was being imperiused, James felt his body walk over to the front of the hall and deliver the well rehearsed speech Lily had written. He grinned warmly at the hall and finished of with some of his own jokes aimed at the teachers. As agreed he winked at the marauders and their parting gift prank was executed seamlessly. By the time he got on the train, James was sure he must be dying or having some out of body experience. He saw Y/n walk past his compartment and desperately wanted nothing more than to run out to her and declare his love all over again.

"Prongsy lad, you alright?", Sirius asked and James was pulled back into his body.

"Yeah, mate, you look a bit green.”, Peter added.

"Yeah. No. I'm brilliant, thanks."

Remus looked unconvinced, Sirius grabbed the bottle of firewhisky and took a large swig and flipped it in his hand. Peter grumbled something about Sirius being a greedy git before Remus interjected and pulled out another bottle of the nasty liquid. James snatched it out of his hand and slowly began to empty it down his throat.

"It's gonna be a long journey.", Remus sighed as Sirius blew extravagant smoke rings from his newly lit cigarette and James slammed down an emptied bottle so hard it shattered.

It was the shattering of glass and screams that finally convinced Y/n to enter James' compartment.

"What the fuck, James!" Sirius bellowed desperately brushing bits of broken glass of his leather trousers.

"Reparo.", Remus fixed the bottle and turned to comfort Sirius who had quickly entered weepy drunk mode.

James sat with his head hung low staring at his blood covered hand.

"Merlin's beard, Potter.", muttered Y/n and knelt down in front of him, "You're an idiot." She pulled out her wand and wordlessly began healing the deep cut across his palm.

The healing process took a few minutes, Y/n was determined to get rid of the shocking white scar that lay contrasted against James' tan skin. Peter watched fondly as four of his friends shared incredibly crucial minutes to their respective relationships. He had spent countless moments like this observing as his dearest friends explored the complicated world of romance, sharing quick glances when they thought no one would notice. He had taken the front row seat to Remus' and Sirius' secret romance, the sneaking around the castle at night, slipping into each other's beds at night. Peter had known for years Y/n liked James, he also knew that every time James would ask Evans out on a date his eyes would briefly flicker to Y/n to see her reaction. Peter had seen Y/n staring at James over the past few months, he had taken notice of how James' voice always got louder whenever Y/n was around. He was perhaps the only person who could say without a shadow of doubt that the two were still in love. It was almost humorous how he, Peter, someone with so little experience in the area knew so much about the romantic life of others. Perhaps years of obsessing over love and feeling like he was missing out, in some way lead him to develop a sixth sense for this sort of thing.

"Thanks.", James mumbled.

The serenity of the moment was broken and Y/n tightened the muscles in her jaw, "Don't mention it.", she stood up and began to walk of but faltered at the door. "James, I- I've said all I have to say. If by any chance you have something to say to me then you need to say it now otherwise let's agree to both move on."