Sirius Black- Stargazing Part 1

"Arghhh!", I screamed as I tumbled down the stairs of the astronomy tower.

"I got you.", said a male voice when a pair of strong arms wrapped around me protectively. Instinctively, I leaned back into the person and breathed out in relief.

"Thanks...", I said and turned my head to look at the face of my saviour, "Black!", I jumped away from the boy.

"Lovely to see you too, doll.", he chuckled.

"Sorry, I was surprised to see you that's all.", I explained sheepishly.

"So it's nothing to do with me being a Gryffindor?", Black pointed out inspecting my robes which were adorned with green where his were a deep red.

"A bit...", I agreed. Instinctively I moved to the stairs and looked down them to make sure no one was there who could see me with Sirius Black. If anyone from Slytherin was to see me up here with him I would be shunned by all my friends and likely worse from some. I was fully aware of the fact that several people in Slytherin have pledged themselves to the Dark Lord, I've seen enough dark marks in the bathrooms or around the common room to be sure I would eventually be asked too. That was an extremely problematic situation, one does not simply say 'no' to the Dark Lord.

"Are you alright there, doll? I wouldn't want you falling again, might not be able to save you this time.", Sirius brought me out of my thoughts, "I'm alone."

I turned sharply to look at him, how could he know what I was worrying about, "Right."

"You come here often?", he asked as I moved to stand next to him by the barrier.

"When I need to think.", I replied softly, looking at the dark sky littered with bright dots.

"Me too.", he said and had I been looking I'd have seen the longing look in his eyes as they landed on me, but I wasn't. I didn't know the feelings brewing inside of Sirius since third year. I didn't know how hard he tried to pretend they didn't exist. I didn't know how problematic he found them, I was one of his best friends' sister and a Slytherin. And I absolutely didn't know that him being here was no accident. How could I? Who'd ever suspect that Sirius Black searched for me on the Marauder's Map?

"That's Sirius.", he said pointing up at the sky.

"The brightest star in the sky.", I whispered and he nodded thoughtfully.

"How's he?", I asked quietly after a moment of comfortable silence.

"Who?", Sirius snapped out of his daze.

"Peter.", I replied. Since we were sorted into different houses six years ago our relationship was strained to say the least.

"Good.", was all Sirius said, "It's funny, I would have never guessed you two are twins."

"Why?", I questioned the dark haired boy.

"Well you're nothing alike.", he pointed out. It's true, I was taller than Peter, our hair was different, and even our faces looked nothing alike. You could say that I got the 'good genes' inheriting most positive features from my parents while Peter wasn't as lucky. But it wasn't just our appearance that differed, Peter was a follower whereas I was more of a leader, Peter struggled at school where I excelled, and of course our leading qualities he was brave and I was ambitious.

"I guess so. You and Regulus look similar.", I pointed out and noticed Sirius's jaw clench, "Sorry, didn't mean to upset you."

"No, don't worry about it, Y/n. Our blood and appearance are pretty much the only things we have in common.", he relaxed a bit.

"Siblings aren't always alike.", I agreed quietly, it was common knowledge to all Slytherin's how much of a disappointment Sirius was. In fact every time I saw Regulus he always mentioned it.