Luna Lovegood- Outside the Box

Okay but like tell me this isn't cute:) I know it's short but I was on tik tok when this came to me and I had to write it lol

"Hey! Y/n!", Ginny called out after me.

"Oh hey, Gin.", I smiled.

"Have you heard.", said the redhead.

"Heard what?", I asked automatically looking up at the mass of school rules Umbridge had made up.

"There's a new one.", she said pointing up, "Boys and Girls are not allowed within 8 inches of each other. And I was thinking I might have stood a chance with Harry this year, I guess no action for me - why are you smiling?"

"Nothing. It's just that sometimes you have to think a little outside the box, don't you think?", I replied smiling, "Anyway I have to find Luna."

"Lovegood, why?", asked Ginny.

"Oh, just homework.", I shrugged and walked of to find the blonde girl.

I sprinted across the school grounds and towards the Black Lake. There she stood, bare feet in the grass inspecting something in the palm of her hand.

"Sorry I'm late, Luna.", I said hugging her from behind, "Umbridge made a new rule."

"What is it?", Luna asked dreamily.

"'Boys and Girls aren't allowed within 8 inches of each other.'", I said in a high tone and burst out laughing, "She does know gay people exist, right?"

"I suppose it's better for us if she doesn't.", said Luna turning to look at me with her big eyes, "I quite like being able to be close to you."

"What is that?", I asked looking at the stick insect like creature in her hand.

"A Bowtruckle.", she responded after a few seconds silence, "I think she's lost."

"Can I help?", I asked as the Bowtruckle walked from Luna's hand to mine.

"Well there are a million places her family could be, so we'll need a home for her while I search.", Luna whispered.

"She's cute.", I giggled.

"So are you.", Luna added quietly shooting me a small smile causing me to blush.

"Thanks... you too.", I mumbled and nuzzled my head into her neck while she stood there seemingly unaffected.