Chapter-14

First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K+ READS!!! I honestly never thought I'd be able to reach that many reads and while it might not be a really big deal to some authors is a MASSIVE step up for me.

This chapter is dedicated to all the readers.

*

Calfornia summer carnival.

It is the the biggest attraction for graduates and school students and even tourists who visit California this time of the year. These carnivals happen all over the state and are a nostalgic tribute to still upholding the 70s and 80s charm.

I'm yet to visit the one happening in our city, so me and a bunch of friends decided to start the week off with a carnival day. Most of the people in our friend circle have returned back home. Bea landed early yesterday so I'm looking forward to spending some time with my best friend. Although I'm pretty sure I'm just going to be listening to her ramble on about how awesome and amazing and majestic Sri Lanka was.

And the Asian men ofcourse.

And that. Probably a few tales of her with some random Sri Lankan dude who was just crossing the street, their eyes met and there was this intense spark and chemistry.

She has read too much Wattpad.

Who hasn't?

I decided to wear a flowly summer dress in a beautiful pastel blue color which reminds me of Louis Tomlinson's eyes. And yes, I've been a One Direction fangirl and I'm proud of those golden years obsessing over those 5 boys.

My phone rings. Its Kayla.

After the whole incident with her dissing sex workers and nude models, we cleared up the air and she explained how she was judging those women too harshly and we sort of made up. I know how that might sound like a dumb reason for not talking to your friend but this was important to me and I can't stand someone making fun of things I hold in high regard.

"Whattup bitch?" She basically yells into the phone.

"Almost ready. Where are you guys?" I press the phone between my cheek and my shoulder while trying to get some eyeliner done.

"Right outside your house. Look out of the window, Rapunzel." A loud horn honks just as she says this.

"Be down in a minute." I say.

"Oh no, take your sweet time. Just met your beautiful neighbor and I can't believe you've been hiding him from me all this time." She makes a 'woooo' sound and I chuckle. But then I remember who she's talking about.

Andrew.

I'm yet to face him after that whole incident with me lying naked in my backyard and him almost catching me during a webcam livestream. I cringe at the thought of having to face him today.

"Cool. I'll been down soon." Or like realllly late.

Such a promising start of the day, isn't it?

I hurry up with my minimal makeup, put on some flats and take my mini shoulder bag.

I'm your summer girl.
Du du du du du du

Sheesh, down, HAIM.

I purposely take more time while locking up the house. Kayla's car is parked right outside my house where I can see her sitting on the bumper of her convertible, chatting with my neighbor Andrew.

Andrew looks like a summer dream with a thin, almost transparent white tshirt and some shorts with flipflops.

Never has a pair of flipflops looked more attractive.