Chapter-21

The next few days go out in a blur of excitement of a newly developing 'thing' or something with Lauren. I don't think I've ever been this pumped up about anyone, let alone someone I didn't even know two week prior. It's like we've known each other all our lives. Well all my life and half of hers.

We've texted and called and video-called and I can't stop myself from thinking about her. We never run out of topics to talk and I love how she gets me and rather than being judgmental, she actually tries to understand all that stuff. She never lets me feel too young for her.

We decided to set up a date and yes, this time she actually called it a date. A dinner date, to be more precise. She said that she cooked really good lasagna and I said I'd have to taste it something. And the next thing I know she's inviting me over her house for dinner.

She didn't really call it a date, did she?

Uh not precisely but everyone knows its a date. Right?

I think I might be going a little crazy about the whole ordeal but goddamn it if Lauren didn't make me feel all sorts of tingly things. The best kind of tingles.

With a deep breath, I ring the doorbell of her lavish beach mansion. I'm not even kidding, the thing is huge. And all glass and white marble.

"Coming." I hear her yell from inside and a few moments later, I am face to face with a really sexy looking Lauren.

She's wearing a small bodycon white dress with a deep neck, her dark hairs pulled in a neat low bun.

Holy Fuck!

"Hello there, darling. Come on in." She says and I don't miss the way she notices me. She definitely gave me the same once over that I gave her. I chose a navy blue velvet dress with straps and a ruched bodice.

Taking a step into her house, I marvel at the beauty of it. The ceiling is so high up and its completely glass over the living room area.

"You have a beautiful house."

She smiles at me and walks me to the kitchen, where she already put the lasagna in the oven. The fragrance is drool worthy.

"Smells great." I compliment and she smiles and tells me to take a seat on one of the fancy barstools.

Her entire kitchen top is white marble and I don't think I've ever seen such a spotless kitchen. Not a single thing out of place. She has some cocktail mixing tools laid out of the other side of the counter.

"Hope you don't mind a good cocktail mix." She says when she sees me eyeing the equipments.

"You know how to mix a cocktail?"

I wouldn't be surprised. What does she not know?

"Yeah. I actually took a year long course when I was I college."

"You took mixing lessons in law school?" I ask in surprise. How the hell did this women manage to juggle law school with this?

"Evening classes. I love a good cocktail so why not learn it yourself, right?"

Why not buy one?

Her logics run differently. I'm in awe of her regardless of the short time I've known her for.

Just as the timer making a sharp beeping noise, I excuse myself to go to the restroom which is really just an excuse to check if I look as flushed as I feel. Her mere presence affecting me.

"Second door just down the hall from your right. Be quick I don't want the lasagna to get cold." Nodding, I turn on my heel.

Her hallway is lavish and massive. There are several art pieces and a few framed articles on what looks like some environmental protest stuff. Her guest restroom is again the same white spotless clean as the rest of her house.