Chapter-24

I glace up at Lauren reading some article on her ipad wearing her golden rimmed glasses and looking every bit sexy. We're in my room, her first time being at my house. I was a little concerned while inviting her here, worried that the neighbors might see us together and figure out what was going on. But driving all the way to her beach house is a little taxing and I end up being more tired than usual so I decided to just say fuck it and invited her over.

She has a few emails she needed to reply to while I am checking the dorm application thing. The roommates list was posted and I really needed to check if I got that single room I wanted.

"Did it load yet?" She asks, looking at the phone screen from over my shoulder. I love how comfortable we've gotten around each other in just 2 weeks of dating. I never thought that was even possible, I feel like I've known her my entire life.

And you don't find that even the slightest bit weird?

"No my wifi's shit." I groan in frustration as another 'Sorry the page you've been looking for is not available' pops up on the screen.

"Don't worry. It's just the dorm list."

I know she's trying her best to understand my need for wanting a single room and not being stuck with some people I would hate for the rest of the year but I don't think she really gets it. In her own words, she admitted that she's gotten along with most people she's met and honestly the woman is too likeable for her own good.

I groan in frustration, "This is bullshit."

"It's like Gen Z has no patience. "

I squint my eyes at her and she playfully ruffles the messy bun of my blonde hair.

"Stop petting me. I'm not a dog."

"Really? I could've sweared you looked like one of those golden retrievers."

"Haha very funny." Our playful banter continues for a little while with her comparing me to everything that has even a little bit of yellow fur in them and I huff in mock annoyance everytime.

But really being called a golden retriever is kind of a win. Have you looked at those cuties?

I roll my eyes at my inner voice.

"Okay on a series note," Lauren says, suddenly looking at me with a concentrated look on her face, "I have something to ask you."

I nod, hesitantly, my mouth feeling a little dry at her sudden change of mood.

"Have you been on the cam recently?"

Out of everything I expected her to ask, this wasn't one of them.

"No." I reply honestly. Really I haven't even had the time to get back on it but now that I think about it, I'm left with an onslaught of mixed feelings.

I really like Lauren but I also liked doing my cam thing. It was the first thing that was solely mine and in some weird twisted way, it made me happy.

"Is that a problem?" I hope to God it's not because I don't know what I'll feel like if it is.

"It's not. I just-" She pauses. A big fat 14 months pregnant pause and I bite my nails to stop the growing anxiety.

"It's your thing, okay? And I have no business meddling in it. But I would really prefer if you'd tell me about it."

"Tell you what exactly? Like if I'm gonna be doing one or get your approval for the videos or shit I post? Sorry I'm a little confused here."

She looks as perplexed as I feel.