Chapter-32

Sorry for the delay but here it is. Happy Reading!

I don't know how much time passes before I start feeling normal again.

Exhaustion tugs at my eyelids, sleep trying to pull me in but I force myself to stay awake. I owe Aiden an explanation. This guy, who drove to my house in the middle of the night, even though the last time we talked I very rudely shut him off. I think he deserves to know the reason for this sudden outburst.

I'm scared to tell him.

I'm scared he'll judge me for all that, scared he'll make fun of me. But that's not him. I know Aiden Brown well enough to know he won't do any of those things. I know he'll be kind and understanding and somehow that scares me even more. I don't deserve him being kind to me or understanding.  I don't deserve anything at all because I'm a horrible person.

"Hey hey hey, don't zone out on me." Aiden's voice is teasing but I can feel the concern behind it.

I clear my throat, the best response I can muster right now.

"I feel like you need to know-"

"No. I don't. Not unless it's something you want to share." His response is so genuine I feel like I can almost cry. Why oh why did he have to be so-so perfect.

"Aiden." He looks down at me, his eyes shining not with sympathy but a kind of comfort and understanding I need.

I summon all the strength I can find within myself, "I did something really stupid."

He doesn't say anything, just nods, silently a sign for me to continue.

"Something really really stupid. "

"I'm sure whatever it is, we can handle it."

Why does he have to be so goddamn nice!

I can feel the moisture collecting in my eyes but I blink it away.

"I want to show you something but you have to promise not to tell anyone. Not a single person, Aiden."

His back stiffens, its as if he suddenly realises that I might actually have done something colossally stupid.

"I won't. You can trust me on this." Weirdly, I do.

"It's on my laptop." I can't believe I'm about to show him my cam page because that's the only way for him to understand the depth of my fucked up mess.

I can already feel my face starting to burn up with embarrassment and my skin prickling at the thought of Aiden seeing all the things on my OnlyCams page.

Maybe it's better if I just tell him.

One look at him and I decide otherwise. There's no way I can manage to tell him all that without bursting into flames of embarrassment. Showing him is way worse but atleast I won't have to say anything.

I get up from the living room floor and he follows suit, silently following me upstairs until we reach my room.

Taking a huge breath, I turn towards him before we enter.

"Please don't think bad about me after this. I don't know what got into me."

"Amber, please calm down. You really don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to."

"I want to. I have to. I think I got myself in some fucked up mess."

Before he can question me about the said mess, I open the door to my room and we walk inside. I think he's silently analyzing the state of my room, looking for anything suspicious or maybe he's just internally shaking his head at the literal mess in my room.