Chapter 3

Emily was very happy on the day Alex was coming to Japan. She was busy preparing his favorite food, wine, and lingerie (just so you know for what).

I was cleaning the house as Alex is a very tidy person. He can't tolerate mess. The last time, He came to Japan, they fought because of Emily's habits. They fought not because Emily kept her room messy, but because she messed up with his clothes as well. He always told her, I don't want you to change yourself but please keep the normal hygiene.

When it comes to Emily, she doesn't have the word hygiene in her dictionary. It was hard for me as well to adjust to her untidy habits at first, So I took up things in my hand. I divided our chores. Cleaning the house was my responsibility while she buy the groceries and cook for us. Anyways, She is such a fun person that one forgets about her bad habits when she is with you.

So, Emily went to the airport, to welcome Alex and his friend The great Minho. Yeah, I exaggerated here, but Emily has been singing praises about him for the last two days that I wondered, whether She was dating Alex or Minho!? Actually, the thing is she is excited about Minho because she wants to set me up with him. She was so surprised when I told her I never dated anyone.

She was so happy when I told her about the brown-eyed guy and thought that this time I will be able to find a boyfriend for me. But then that feeling ended as she knew I won't be able to meet him again. I knew that too. She thinks it's such a pity that I don't have a boyfriend yet.

However, for me, being single isn't such a terrible thing. I am always busy watching k-pop and don't really care if I need someone to listen to me. I have friends and family who are there when I need someone to talk to. yeah yeah, I know a couple does things much more than talking. But it's just that I think don't need any boyfriend in my life right now. I want to focus on my career and if it is in my fate, I'll meet someone but right now life is going great. I don't want to change anything.

I was reading a novel when the doorbell rang.
Alex and Emily entered. Emily was clinging to his back like a backpack while he moved his luggage in Emily's room. I made coffee for all of us and as always Alex was easy to talk to.

I brought the coffee from the kitchen and saw Alex sitting on the sofa while Emily was sitting on his lap. She was playing with his hair, while he was hugging her tightly as his head rested on her chest. Just these moments make my heart melt and sometimes jealous.

Did I say life was going great for me? No, it was great for this couple! They looked so cute and adorable. As soon as Alex noticed me, He put Emily on the sofa. I noticed he was a bit embarrassed.
"Oh don't mind me! I can go to my room if you want me to" I suggested.

"Oh no! it's alright. Come sit with us" He replied.
Emily had a big smile on her face as I sat beside her. She wrapped her arm around mine and rested her face on my shoulder.

"When are you going to get a boyfriend? I want to go on a double date" She pouted. I smiled as I had no answer to that question.

"She is like a mother asking her daughter to find a husband soon." Alex joked. Emily slapped his arm and said, " Think whatever you want. Where is your friend Minho? I thought I can get to see that handsome man today"

There was a tint of jealousy on Alex's face when he said, "Oh really. I feel sorry for you but you won't be meeting him till evening. He has some work to do." Then he turned to me and said, "Sorry for bothering you but can he stay here?"

I looked at Emily's puppy face and said, "Oh of course" wondering if it will be alright.

I realized I was kind of a third wheel between them. They just want to spend some time alone. So I grabbed my phone and purse. I made an excuse that I need to meet someone and will be back after 2 hours.  As I was leaving I turned around and saw Emily standing behind Alex. She gave me a thumbs up with a mischievous smile.
I smiled and Alex turned around. she was giving flying kisses to me when he turned around. She stopped in between and acted as if she was annoyed by a fly. Alex smirked and I chuckled and said "Bye". I heard Alex say,  "Can I get these kisses too?" as I closed the door behind me.

Okay, now the problem was where to go for 2 hours to pass my time. I called Aiko and asked if she was free today. She said she'll meet me at the cafe near the hospital where she is working as an intern right now.

she is working on the weekends as well? I felt  sad for her. But that's how a doctor's life would be. I mean doctor-to-be. It is sad how doctors don't have any holidays. They do a great deal of work to make sure their patients are alright. I hope I am not disturbing her. I asked if she was busy. She said her shift is going to end soon so it won't be a problem. So I went to the cafe and sat there as I waited for her. I was sipping my coffee and was observing other customers.

There weren't many customers and everyone seemed to be busy while talking to other people they are with. I noticed a girl working on her laptop on the table behind my table. I noticed her as she was the only one who was alone like me. But she seemed busy on her laptop. I sighed as I had nothing to do.  Just then, someone entered the coffee shop. I raised my eyes to see that he was the brown-eyed boy!! I was so shocked that I almost spilled my coffee.

Why? What is he doing here? Is this what we call fate? Does he remember me? All these questions emerged as he walked towards me. I was about to hide under the table when he walked past me and sat on the table with the girl who was working on her laptop. He didn't notice me or my foolish actions. Thank God. I sighed with relief and wondered why was I ready to hide under the table. I haven't done anything wrong.

First of all, Fate, my foot. My fantasy was shattered into pieces as I realized that he wasn't here for me. Of course, why would he be? It isn't love for first sight for him! duh! then wait is it for me? Even though it wasn't true but if it is love at first sight then it is going to be unrequited love as he is so handsome that he will have a 'reject at first sight' look if he ever noticed me. I sighed realizing the bitter reality.

Furthermore, it broke my heart to see him with a girl. she could be her girlfriend. Is he here to meet his girlfriend? Is He here for her! that's actually adorable! What is it like to have a handsome boyfriend like him!? Will he treat me well if I was her girlfriend?

I was daydreaming and smiling when the Waiter brought the cheese sandwich that I ordered. I quickly stopped smiling as I looked at him and he looked as if he is afraid that I am angry. I wasn't really angry at him but a bit disappointed as he broke my daydream of imagining that brown-eyed boy as my boyfriend. But he isn't.  Come to reality girl! I tried to wake myself by tapping my cheeks with both hands.

I turned my head to check out the girl he was sitting with. She is wearing a white shirt tucked in her blue jeans. She had dark brown hair, a long thin nose, hazel eyes, and was wearing glasses. She put away her laptop when he came. I guess she was waiting for him. She was beautiful as she smiled while talking to him. I can't see his face as he was sitting opposite the girl. I noticed that he has broad shoulders. I sighed again as my would-be Boyfriend is no longer available for me.

I decided that I won't think about him anymore as he may be committed. But then I thought maybe, She could be his sister? Could she be just a friend whom he wanted to meet? but my guesses seemed foolish to me.

I told myself that I shouldn't give myself false hopes. I pouted as I realized nothing was going according to my plan today. I have to leave my place, now here I am alone and Aiko is not turning up. On top of that my one and only crush is meeting his girlfriend in front of me. Is it the only cafe left in Japan to meet his girlfriend? he could have gone anywhere? Today is a really awful day.