Chapter 23

After my shift, I went to buy some groceries. I didn't realize that I was quite late to reach home. It got quite dark while I was returning home.

I was walking back from the bus stop with all the groceries in my hand when I saw someone's shadow.

It felt like someone was walking behind me. But when I turned around there was no one.  I was alone on the street. I felt a chill in my spine.

The area near my house becomes quite deserted by this time of the night.  So, I was scared. I was the only one walking on the street. I felt like someone was following me.

I turned around, again and again, to see if someone was there, but I couldn't see anyone.

I ran to my apartment, I quickly climbed the stairs as fast as I could as it felt like someone was coming after me and I was frightened.

When I reached the top of the stairs I saw Minho standing outside the house and staring at his watch. He seemed quite relieved when he saw me coming towards him and uttered, "Where were you-"

He stopped in the middle as I ran and hugged him.

I hugged him tightly. I was scared and seeing Minho in front of me was the assurance that I needed. My heart was beating like crazy, but I felt safe in his arms.

I don't know why but Minho made me feel safe. He was surprised but after a pause, he hugged me back. We stood there for a moment.

I moved away from him when I realized that I shouldn't be hugging Minho.

Why shouldn't you girl?? I don't know! It felt so right, but it isn't. Why were we hugging?  My two conscience were fighting inside me as I couldn't decide whether it was wrong or right to hug Minho?

For your reminder Sarah, You were the one who hugged him. Yeah. I was the one but why? I was scared that's why! Yes. It was because I was scared. Is this the reason or you are just trying to give an excuse? Shut up you inner voice! You are too honest!

I don't know, I have never hugged a boy in my life. I am not someone who shows affection with hugs and kisses. I try to maintain a line of the distance between me and other people but why did I hug Minho without even giving a second thought?

When I was running up the stairs, it felt like I would never see him. As if It was my last chance to see him. Maybe I felt like this as I felt I was in danger. Does this mean I still like him? I thought I will be working with him as a friend but I think I can't control my feelings. This is so new to me, I have never felt like this.

Why is he hugging back? Maybe He realised that I was scared that's why, for the support, he hugged me as a friend. But this word friend doesn't go with the feeling I felt in that hug.

It was quite awkward after the hug. I didn't know what to say. We went inside. I collapsed on the sofa and sighed. He went into the kitchen and came back with a glass of water.

I drank the water and he sat beside me as he asked, "Miss Sarah, Did you see the time? Why are you so late?"

There was anger in his eyes. I haven't seen him angry till now. This was a new Minho to me.

He looked so hot even in his anger. He was clenching his jaw while he tried to calm himself.

I tried to blink as I tried to stop staring at him.

He took a deep breath and said, "Look, Sarah, it's not safe to roam around this time. I know you are an independent girl, but you should ask someone to pick you up if you will be late. At least call once to tell that you will be late."

He is worried about me? His expression shows a mixture of anger and worry.

I sat there looking down as I knew it was my fault. I was scared as well. I thought someone was following me.

Suddenly he raised my head with his two fingers and brought his face near mine.

His face was in front of me, just some inches away.  Our eyes met and I can see the worry in his eyes. He said, "Sarah. Please take care of yourself, I can't bear to see you hurt- "

Just then the doorbell rang.

He realized he was too close, so he stood up went to open the door. I took a breath of relief.

It was Emily and Alex. They just returned from a date as usual.