Chapter 42

The ocean view was amazing where we sat. He asked me what I would like to have and then we both ordered. It was so nice to sit in front of each other. But at his every glance at me, I blushed and tried to avoid his eyes.

He suddenly asked, "Sarah, did something happen yesterday?"

I choked on my food.

He continued, "Did I do something inappropriate?

I drank water and quickly said, "Um. No. Why? Do you remember anything?"

I was worried that if he remembers that kiss then this date might turn awkward. So I hoped he doesn't remember anything.

He thought for a moment and replied, "just forget what I said just now."

Phew. Thank god he didn't insist on asking about last night.

We ate our dinner quietly. I have eaten with him before but today feels so special. He looks so dashing just by sitting there and eating. Can we stop this moment here? Can we do this daily? But he'll soon go back to Korea.  I sighed.

"Can't you stay here with me?" Not realizing that I said that aloud.

Minho looked surprised as he said, "What?"

Oh no. Why did I say that aloud? Aaahhh! What should I do? It seems like I am begging him to stay.

I quickly replied, "Umm... I... I meant to say are you going to stay in Japan for long?"

Minho's expression changed and he seemed a bit sad. "No, I have to go back soon as my work here is almost complete." He answered.

My heart shattered at this. I wasn't expecting this answer. I didn't even mean to ask that question in the first place. But now that I realize it Minho won't be here for too long. He will go back and disappear from my life. I won't be able to see him again. Will he miss me? Why would he? he doesn't have feelings for me, remember Sarah?

Our dinner was almost finished. I hid my disappointment from him. I don't want to show my emotions to him. I have to enjoy this moment to the fullest. He won't be here for too long. I want to share his every moment until he is here.
I looked at him while he drank his mocktail. He looked back at me and for a moment we looked into each other's eyes without saying anything.

We were interrupted by the waiter who brought our desserts. I was sad but my chocolate cake with ice cream lifted my mood. I noticed that he was looking at me and smiling. I said "what?"

He wiped the chocolate from my upper lip with a tissue. I blushed with embarrassment. He smiled again as he said, "It seems you are enjoying it a lot. I guess your dessert is better than mine."  He continued to stare at me.

I giggled and raised my spoon as I said, "Then you can have some."

He seemed to be taken aback at my sudden offer. He opened his mouth and I fed him with my spoon. An elderly couple passed by us while commenting, "Oh what a cute couple." I blushed at this. I have been blushing this whole evening. I have been too sensitive lately. Even little things are affecting me a lot. I guess it's because of Minho.

As we finished our desserts,  we stood and went near the handrail to enjoy the beautiful view. Sea looked so marvelous. We two stood side by side while enjoying the view.

I closed my eyes for a moment and tried to feel the cool breeze. It was so refreshing.

"Isn't it relaxing? I love the view." I said.

Minho replied, "Me too"

When I turned to him he was looking at me. He drew a bit close and said, "Sarah, I need to tell you something." as he put a flick of my hair behind my ear.

I became a bit nervous as his fingers ran through my hair and then he stepped a bit closer. I swallowed as I wondered what does he want to tell me. My eyes couldn't leave his gaze. It seemed to be filled with mystery as I tried to guess if its something called love or just friendship.

I stuttered, "what... Is... It?" And tried to blink.

His fingers now traced the lining of the necklace that he gave me. He looked down at the necklace and then again looked into my eyes and whispered, "I remember what happened yesterday night."