Chapter 30

"Bring in a rival!" Emily stood up with excitement.

"Yes! Yes! This is an epic idea! Just go for it!" Emily suggested.

My jaws dropped. "What?" I asked with an astonished look. Has she lost it completely?

"What do you mean by bringing in a rival? We don't even know if he has feelings for me or anyone else. What will a rival do?" I asked.

Emily sighed and said, "Sarah! You don't really understand anything! If he has feelings for you then he can't bear to see you with anyone else. He will be jealous!"

"What if he has someone else? Someone, he likes? Then your rival will do nothing. Plus I don't have anyone in my life who can be his rival." I stated all the facts with a straight face.

She sighed again. "Why are you being so negative Sarah?"
I shrugged. I don't think any of her plans will work, but why do they give me a bit of hope. I hate myself to hope that maybe her foolish plans can reveal Minho's real feelings.

I stood up from the sofa. She gripped my hand and pulled me back.
"Now listen Sarah. We need to find a boy for you who can be a competition for Minho. Think of someone. Tanzin maybe?"

My jaw dropped again.
"My dear Emily! If you don't remember let me tell you, we both laughed when Minho thought Tanzin was my boyfriend. I clearly stated that Tanzin was literally the last person to be my boyfriend."

She giggled, "Oh yes. I remember." After a pause, she continued, "Any way Tanzin is not a competition for Minho. Let's search for someone else."

I sighed. Emily and her foolish plans. Hehe.

Soon our discussion ended as Minho and Alex returned.

When Alex entered the hall, Emily ran and clung to him. He hugged her and whispered to her, "I missed you, baby." She pulled back while her arms were still around his neck and said, "me too."

Minho coughed to assert his presence. I giggled as they both straightened up realizing that Minho and I were still there.  Lovebirds! Making me jealous and at the same time, I am glad to see them so happy.

Alex and Emily were in the kitchen preparing for dinner. I and Minho were in the hall. Minho was watching Tv and I was reading a magazine.

Rather pretending to read a magazine at the same time stealing glances at Minho. I just like to be with him.

I went into the kitchen for water when Emily came to me and said, "uh. Sarah, I just checked soya sauce is finished. For today's dinner, Alex needs it."

Alex was about to say something when Emily quickly stuffed his mouth with an apple piece from the fruit salad.

She continued, "So... can you go and buy it from the convenience store in front of the station?"

What? As far as I remember I bought enough soya sauce for one month last time I went shopping.

"Did you check it properly? I bought it last week."I said.

She asserted, "Yes Sarah. I have checked. The one you bought has expired like your small mind. Go buy some."

She seemed so confident that I got confused and  replied, "Ok."

I was drinking water when she said with a pitiful expression, "I would have accompanied you, but I have to help Alex in cooking. So you can take Minho with you." I choked on water.

Oh, so this is all her plan. Making me go with Minho. At the same time having alone time with Alex. This is what killing two birds with one stone means.

"Oh no. I can buy it myself." I asserted. I want to stay away from Minho as much as possible as I have realized that he will leave soon and if I will attach my feelings to him, it will just hurt me sooner or later.

She quickly agreed and said, "okay" but followed me to the hall and continued, "Oh dear Sarah. It's not safe to go outside alone at this time. Right Minho?"

I glared at Emily. She shrugged pretending to be innocent.

Minho stood up and asked me where I was going.

Unfortunately, Minho didn't let me go alone. Now here I am walking by his side to the convenience store. I don't know if I should be sad or happy with this walk with Minho. Is it okay if I enjoy this moment with him and forget about the future?

Even though we weren't holding hands, our shadow appeared like we were holding hands as he walked by my side. I was happy to see that even if it was in the dark world of shadows, I can hold his hands.