Chapter 27

When Emily returned, she was drunk as a skunk.  Alex helped her into the hall and she lay on the sofa. She was blabbering as well as foolishly smiling.

I asked Alex, "Why did you let her drink so much?"

Alex explained that she was out with her colleagues as today was a farewell party for her manager. Her colleagues called him when she drank too much and couldn't go back alone. He went to pick her up.

Just then Minho also returned home. He stood near the sofa as Alex was explaining to me what really happened.

Emily sat up on the sofa and looked at me. She pinched my cheeks and started drunk talking, "Sarah! When did you return? Where were you? Were you with your crush?

My eyes widened as I know that she know who is my crush! That brown-eyed boy! Minho! What if she calls his name? Oh no! Shut up, Emily!

She smiled at me and said, "that brown...boy... Or was it a chocolate boy?  You liked him... When will you tell..."

Before she could say anything else I closed her mouth with my hand and turned to Alex.

"Take her to her room. She must be tired." My voice had a tint of pleading.

Alex replied, "Oh yes. I'll take her to bed. Don't worry she'll be alright tomorrow."

As she couldn't walk straight, Alex lifted her. He placed one hand around her waist and another around the bend in her knees. He lifted her as if she was light as feathers.

While he princess-carried her to her room, I sighed and said, "Emily is so lucky she has someone to carry her like a princess. I wish I had someone too."

I laid back on the sofa and heard a voice saying "Really?" I noticed Minho smirking, as he was still standing there. Yes, behind the sofa. Damn! I thought he went to the washroom to freshen up!

As I noticed him, I straightened up. Damn. I thought no one was near and spoke my thoughts aloud.  Ugh... Now he'll make fun of me again! Ugh. ಥ‿ಥ

"Umm... I mean... Emily is so lucky that she got someone like Alex. Smart, Handsome, responsible... Every girl would want a boyfriend like him." I tried to explain myself.

"Oh, so you like Alex?" He questioned. I was surprised by the question.

"What? No? Of course not." I blurted out.

"Then don't praise him like that" after a pause he mumbled, "at least not in front of me."

I didn't hear him clearly and asked, "What?"

"I meant you were praising him as if you like him. So I thought..." He replied.

I quickly clarified, "Alex is a nice person or we can say that perfect boyfriend but I don't like him. He is like my brother! I don't like him I respect him"

He mumbled, "then it's okay. But that brown boy?"

I asked, "What?"

He replied, "I mean Emily said you like some brown boy.  Sorry I overheard that."

"Is he your ex? Why doesn't he have a name? Why are you calling him brown?" He continued.

Why is he so curious today? why is he asking all these questions? it feels like he is interviewing me.

I was also wondering, Brown boy?! Who is the brown boy?

Oooh, brown-eyed boy? Emily must have eaten the 'eyed' word in her drunk talking. Silly Emily! Minho thought that I like some brown boy now. I giggled.

"Oh no. He isn't my Ex. That guy is someone I have a crush on. That's a secret name that we both used to hide the identity of my crush" I explained.

He replied, "Oh." He had a tint of disappointment on his face.

"But he doesn't like me. So it will be just an unrequited love maybe." I continued as I wrapped my arms around my folded legs on the sofa. I felt a disappointment in my voice.

I heard a sigh from behind. I turned around to see Minho smirking.

"Why are you smiling? Is this something to smile? that's rude Mr. Minho." I scolded him.

His reaction was like he didn't even know he was smiling and the smile quickly vanished from his face.

He coughed a bit as if to hide his face and said, "Oh no. I ... So... This crush of yours... Did you tell him you like him?"

How could I tell him? You are the crush. You are that brown-eyed boy or brown boy! I can't tell him that!

But it's funny how my crush is asking if I have told him that I like him. I controlled my giggle.

"Umm... No. I haven't. I am too shy. I don't think I'll be able to tell him that." I replied

"Then... You can try to forget him and find someone who likes you." He suggested.

I tilted my head in confusion.
I chuckled, "There is no one who likes me. Furthermore, I don't think... " I turned to him. Our eyes met. "I don't think I'll be able to forget him as I like him so much."

He was stunned for a moment. He had an expression of surprise mixed with disappointment.

My face turned red as I realized what I said. Damn. Are you mad Sarah!? Where did you find the courage to say those words to Minho?

Even though he doesn't know, it felt like a confession. I covered my cheeks with both hands and stood up. I said good night to Minho and quickly went back to my room.