Chapter 12

I sighed in relief when I closed the door, as One problem has left the house. Now, I need to deal with another one. Minho seems in a very bad mood. I should sneak into my room as soon as possible. But then maybe he had a very bad day today so that is why he is in a bad mood. I should try to lift his mood. At least as a friend, this should be the least I could do. Yes. Friend. I can be his friend. Nothing more than that. At least I'll try not to notice his attractive face, skin-tight shirt at his chest, the sexy veins of his arm, and that cute smile. No. Sarah focus on the friendship part.

He was sitting on the sofa staring at the Tv, but it felt like he wasn't really watching it.  I stood near the sofa trying to figure out what to do when he lashed out at me, "So this is why you needed to be alone today? You wanted to invite him to your place?"

I could see anger in his eyes and a tint of the feeling of being betrayed. I was confused though.

I figured out that he must have had a very bad day today that's why he is so angry but why is he taking that out on me? Why does it matter If I invited Tanzin or not? He must be angry because he had to lie to Tanzin because of me.

I tried to cool him down as I said, "No. I didn't know he was coming. He just came to give me some chocolates."

He took a deep breath as he tried to calm down and said, "Oh sorry, I shouldn't have asked that question. It is your personal matter."

Personal? Yeah, Tanzin is kind of my family member, but I should explain it to him, why I lied, I decided.  I replied, "Oh it's really okay. The reason why I didn't want Tanzin to know that you are staying here is because-"

He cut me off, "Sarah, it's okay you don't need to explain it to me."

He doesn't even want to listen to the reason. He doesn't even care. Then why should I bother to give him an explanation? Think whatever you want to think, you angry bird!

I said, "umm... Are you hungry? Let's order something."

He looked at the empty pizza boxes at the table then looked up at me. Is he a clean freak? I should have thrown them earlier. To stop him from getting angrier, I quickly stepped forward to pick them up but instead tripped on my foot and fell on the sofa. For your Information, Minho was sitting on the sofa and I didn't fall on him like the heroines in the drama. I fell on his lap. My stomach was on his lap. My hands and face are on the sofa cushion. Usually in such scenes in the drama, the heroine trips and accidentally kisses the hero, and here I am in this awkward position. I was stooping like a horse on his lap. He was so surprised that he raised his both hands in the air and didn't know what to do.I quickly stood up but when I looked at him he chuckled and we both started laughing. This fall was kind of Ice breaker for us.

His mood seemed to have lifted when he said, "You had fast food in the lunch, let's eat something healthy in the dinner."

I made a face as healthy means vegetables and I don't like vegetables. He chuckled as he said, "You don't like vegetables, I know. By healthy, I meant something made at home."

"How do you know that?"

"I have noticed your eating habits. You eat chicken with a delightful expression on your face, while if it's salad or soup, you just try to gulp them down through your throat." He replied.

I was surprised that he noticed everything!

"You look like a 5-year-old child who is forced to eat vegetables", he chuckled.

"No, that's not true." I pouted and folded my arms.

"Yeah, look the 5-year-old girl is back" He laughed again. He laughed so heartily that I started laughing as well.

"Even when you pout, you look cute." He said while smiling.

I stopped smiling and blushed. I can feel the heat running to my cheeks. To hide my face from him, I stepped towards the kitchen and said, "Okay. I'll cook something."

But suddenly Minho grabbed my arm. His hand wrapped my tiny wrist. I stopped and turned around to look at him.

He asserted, "I'll make something for you." My stomach already had butterflies after he said that. I blinked to come to my senses.

"You must be tired from all the meetings today. Don't worry, I'll make something." I replied.

But he continued to look at me while his hand holding my wrist.

"Umm. Okay. I'll give you the chance to cook then" we both smiled.

Please don't smile like this. I'll fall for you again! I observed him as he cut vegetables and started cooking. He looked like a movie star out of the Tv. His body looks perfect. The apron seems a bit small for his hot figure. He took the sauce in the spoon and blew on it. While doing all this, he seems to be sparkling. I hate to admit that I want to continue looking at him even when I know he belongs to someone else.

He tasted the sauce with a spoon. He asked me if I wanted to taste it. I took the spoon from his and tasted the sauce left on it.  He looked surprised as he said, "umm...I was about to give you a new spoon." He scratched his eyebrow with one finger in confusion.

I realized what I have done and tried not to blush as I answered, "Oh um, it's okay. The sauce is tasty and spicy."

What have I done? Why did I take his spoon? Sarah are you mad or what? I need to change the topic.

"I'll get some drinks." I opened the fridge and took out some soft drinks. I felt a little guilty of using his spoon and my throat felt dry. I opened one bottle and took a sip. I noticed Minho looking at me. I said, "what?"

He shook his head and said, "Give one to me too. I am thirsty."

I opened another bottle. He looked busy with his work so I stood there with both the bottles in my hand. I thought I'll drink from my bottle till I wait for him to turn around. He turned and took one bottle from my hand and started drinking. By the time I said, "that was mine!" He has already finished it. He must be really thirsty, I thought. I noticed his throat as he gulped down the whole drink.

"Oh. You took my spoon first. So we are even now." He smirked as he replied.

My heart skipped a beat. Why in the world, does it feel like he is flirting with me?

We were about to have dinner when Alex and Emily returned.