Chapter 9

After I saw Minho and that Girl together again, I gave up my feelings for Minho. It was one-sided love but it felt like a breakup. I went home but no one was there. Emily and Alex went on a date. Minho must be busy with his girlfriend as well, I thought.  I felt rather depressed as I microwaved my lunch. Nothing seems to be right. I kept on guessing what Minho must be doing? Kept on cursing myself why in the world did I fall for him? It was just a crush but why am I sighing as if I was just dumped by someone. I was overthinking I knew but I couldn't get Minho out of my mind.
I decided that I need to enjoy this time when nobody is at home and I can do whatever I want to. I changed into my loose t-shirt and shorts.  I brought some snacks and drinks to the hall and decided that I will watch a movie.

I choose a Japanese movie as it will help me practice listening to Japanese. Yeah, I am a kind of nerd. Even in pleasure time, I am thinking of my studies. Emily was right, I was kind of too serious when it comes to studies.

The movie I chose was about childhood friends turning into lovers. I wondered how I didn't even have any childhood sweetheart whom I can remember when I feel nostalgic. I did have one or two celebrity crush but the actual romance was quite missing from my life. I shipped the couple of the movie as they grew up sharing cute memories together. I was happy for them but suddenly they had a fight and they broke up. Then some years passed and the hero actually goes to the heroine's wedding. It was a sad ending for the hero. I was crying at the end when I saw that they were never meant to be together. I cursed the director and story writer and shouted, "Why did you even let them meet then? Why do they have to fall in love when they don't even have a happy ending? Why in the world do people like those who are way out of their league?

I thought I'll be refreshed and relaxed after the movie but the opposite happened. I was more depressed. The movie showed the reality of how it's not always a happy ending for everyone, how sometimes you don't marry the person you liked the most, how you have to force yourself to give up on him. In the end, you have to move on because there isn't any choice. The reality was bitter but it was true.

Why in the world I chose to see this movie today, I thought. Why does everything seem so sad today? Is the universe giving me signs to give up on him? I stared at the roof as if God will give me some sign and there will be a voice from the roof to say, "yeah baby, you need to give up."

I stared for a minute and nothing happened so I gave up. I think there is only one solution when you feel like nothing is going your way, just pick up your blanket and take a nap. Yeah, that's it. I felt so exhausted today that I quickly fell into a deep sleep.

When I woke up, everyone was back. I felt a bit refreshed. I was determined to give up on Minho. I went out and saw him on the dining table cutting vegetables. Why does he look so hot with a knife and vegetables? Knife and vegetables! Are you kidding me? Sarah! at least think before you think these absurd combinations. Who looks amazing with a knife and vegetables? Are you serious? I realized I was getting mad.

I looked down and went straight to the kitchen as I didn't want to stare at him as he cut vegetables.  Emily and Alex were kissing in the kitchen and I was stunned as I said, "oh no, my eyes! Sorry I'll come later. You can continue!"
They quickly pushed each other away and stood at the two corners of the kitchen. Alex said, "oh no you can come."

Emily was too red to say anything. She was smiling while looking at the ground. Even though I heard Alex, I turned around and ran to the hall. I didn't want to interrupt in their private moment (which I already did).
Minho looked up as I came back from the kitchen. He looked surprised as he said, "Why have your face turned red? Do you have a fever? Are you okay?"

I covered my cheeks with my hand and said, "Oh no, I am okay. It is pretty hot today, right?" He looked at me with a confused look. It was the month of  November and it was chilling cold outside.

I realized my foolish mistake and smiled awkwardly before running to my room.
I came back as I was called by Minho. We discussed the terms and conditions regarding the translator job. I protested that he was paying a lot as I wasn't an experienced translator. But he refused to give in and said that the amount was decided by the company so you will be paid accordingly.
"But I am not that experienced, what if I make a mistake?"

"Sarah, everybody makes mistakes, even more experienced professionals as well. The important thing is whether you accept it or not and how you work to correct it. I think you need to believe in yourself." He stared at me.
I blushed as I realized how much he believed in me. I signed the contract and I was appointed as his translator.

I thought Minho must be an ordinary employee but he was the Editor in chief of the most famous magazine of Korea RAGE.

So he came here for business I thought but he has his girlfriend here, why doesn't he live with her? Maybe she lives with her parents and can't bring her boyfriend home. Maybe She lived in a hostel or could it be that he gave more importance to his friendship with Alex and that's why he is living here? That seems actually weird. Which boy places his friends over their love? But there are some people who value their friendship. But Why hasn't he mentioned his girlfriend in front of Alex? I was staring at Minho and He caught me.

He raised his eyebrow and I blurted out, "why?"
He looked confused, "Why? What?"
I realized I have to make up something, "Umm...Why did you choose to sleep on the sofa in the hall instead of Alex's room?"

"Isn't that a given. He came here to spend some time with his girlfriend, I didn't want to ruin his stay here. I wanted to give them their privacy." He replied and then his gaze went back to his laptop.

Oh, So he considered Alex's feelings and chose to sleep in the hall. How considerate!
Even though He talks less and may seem cold at first, but he has different sides to him that I really wanna know. I unconsciously smiled as I started reading the documents again.