Chapter 45

I got out of my taxi and instead of walking toward home, I went in another direction. I walked on and on as I wondered what the hell just happened? Didn't I just tell him that I am going to meet my crush? If Minho was ready to kiss me then I was also willing and then suddenly I ended our date and left. But that makes me nothing better than Minho.

Maybe It was all my Overthinking. I knew that he didn't like me as he cleared it from the very beginning that he has someone he likes.  I even saw her picture in his wallet. Wasn't this enough to back out? Why did I go on a date with him when he already has a girlfriend? Wait a minute but he said, he don't have a girlfriend. Maybe he lied to us. But he said he hates lies. Maybe that was a lie as well.

All this time I was the one who was feeling special. He was just playing and going with the flow. When I realized I was sitting at the vacant bus stop. My makeup was all messed up because of my tears. And then suddenly it started raining. Now my dress was also ruined as I walked while I was drenched in rainwater. Why god? Is there anything left that is still left to happen that can make my life more miserable? I looked at the sky. It thundered and then suddenly a car passed by at full speed splashing all the dirty muddy water of the road on me.

That was a rhetorical question, God! You didn't really need to answer that! Why are you even doing this to me? Why am I even crying? I wasn't even his girlfriend! Why the hell is my heart not ready to stop! Damn this heart! It is because of this heart that I am here cursing everything around me. I will not like anyone anymore in my life. This Minho guy has taught me not to give my heart to anyone. It's useless. It's not love it's just hormones that's it. I stomped my feet and clenched my teeth.

I walked home and when I reached home. No one was there. Minho didn't return? I don't care! Emily and Alex are on a date. I felt like my energy has drained. I couldn't face this reality anymore.  It felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. My whole body felt numb.  I went to my room and changed my clothes. I stumbled into the bed and went to sleep.

When I opened my eyes. Emily was sitting beside me looking worried. There was a drip that was stuck in my hand. I couldn't open my eyes properly but Emily's worried look says something has happened.

As I tried to sit up my body refused to move and I felt like all my limbs were paining. Emily seemed relieved to see that I have woken up.

She hugged me tightly and I just told you that my limbs were paining and that hug was quite painstaking, like literally.

She exclaimed, "Oh Thank God, You have woken up. We were so worried for you."

I felt better a bit and tried to move but my body felt weak. Emily helped me sit up. I looked around it wasn't my room. It was a hospital room. I was in a hospital bed! What happened? Why am I here? I looked around to make sure I am not dreaming.

I was looking at Emily with a confused look. She understood and said, "Don't you remember anything?

"She was unconscious Emily how will she remember?" Alex patted Emily's head as if to appreciate her dumbness. I stood near Emily and explained, "The thing is when Emily knocked on your door in the morning... It was already afternoon. She called you many times but you didn't answer. So we were worried and checked on you. Your body was really hot and you didn't wake up no matter how hard we shake you. We were worried so we took you to the hospital."  Alex explained.